Single Drive RaceStar 5065 200KV|FOCBOX|Zippy 8S|90mm

@egzplicit Still no luck i followed the steps 3 timea every time, I made sure to hit Apply and write every time I made any changes. measured the Hall sensors.

The last time around I even tried disconnecting the mini control receiver from the FOCBOX. I also and trying o spin the motor with my hand before using the arrows.

Edit * Video below

These r ate setting I’m working with now .

why don’t u just try bldc for now, just get it running

Everything looks alright and it’s very weird that detection works but it still doesn’t spin.

Last night I’ve connected my dual 5065 racerstar to update some settings and I couldn’t spin the motors from the keyboard. But the remote worked just fine. It’s worth you setting the remote as well and try using that instead of the keyboard. Just detect everything again, write the configuration and setup up ppm and try with the remote.

I will give it a try tonight, by the way did you also get the same noise as the video?

If this does not work I’m thinking maybe re-flashing the firmware as my last resort.

I want that stealth motor noise using FOC but if I can’t set it up tonight I will try BLDC. I see a lot of people mentioning you can’t jump from BLDC and FOC is this true?

I was able setup the mini remote and get the motor spinning in BLDC mode with no load…But when I add the belt the wheel does not spin its almost like the motor does not have enough juice to spin. I tried helping it with my hand but that only gives about a half turn before it stops. :frowning:

I’ve attached the new setting and Videos

@EastLosMike your battery cut off start and end are wrong, this will cause the issue forcing the VESC to stop spinning the motor.

In your screenshot you have:

Battery cutoff start: 28v Battery cutoff end: 30v

First of all cutoff end voltage needs to be lower than the start voltage (by 3v usually).

Giving you have 2 x ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 4S1P in series, nominal voltage is 29.6v (3.7 * 8). I only know/used li-ion so not sure how low you should go with lipos, but your values are 100% wrong at the moment.

Lipos have 3.7 nominal voltage and I read minimum voltage is 3.0v. Based on this I would set:

Battery cutoff start: 27.00v (that’s 3.37v per cell) Battery cutoff end: 24.00v (that’s 3v per cell)

Since 3.0v is the minimum, it might be safer to do 29v (3.6v per cell) start and 26v end ( 3.25v per cell).

This should hopefully fix your issue.

Edited: what happens now is that your cutoff voltage is at 30v and when you have load on your motor, the voltage drops below that value due to load. Since the voltage drops below your cutoff end, the VESC will limit the amps going into the motor in order to not damage your cells.

1 Like

Thanks again i will give this a shot tonight maybe this is the same reason FOC was not working :thinking:

@Namasaki I also noticed by going through some of your settings both ERPM Min and Max should be the same right(one + and the other -) I just noticed I overlooked this i have different for each.

They where the same by default so I have kept them the same. And be sure to uncheck this setting. It is usually checked by default.

I was able to get my setup working this weekend thanks to suggestions from @yummyblobs I set the Battery cut off start to 8v Ran the motor detection successfully (With the belt installed) Once the detection was complete I changed the Battery cut off start to 28v.

I strapped the components inside Tupperware and to the top of the deck and was able to hit 11mph with some speed wobble I believe is to both loose trucks and my foot placement (due to the Tupperware in between my legs lol)I will be ordering some Med Orangatang Nipples bushings to eliminate speedwobbles. Does anyone have experience with these Bushings I’m 150lbs ish and currently debating on the Med purple or Hard Yellow.

Quick Update! I Ordered another battery and upgraded to 12S (ordered a helmet too) :smile: and will post a parts list by the end of this week.

I might need abother set of eyes to confirm my 12s FOC settings. So far I have about 12 miles on 12s but dont feel the torque is all there compared to the old 8S settings.