Sippa's First Build / AWOL 40" LB / Evolve GT Trucks and AT Wheels / Racerstar 140kv motors / Foc Boxes / GT2B + mod

Yeah will use that pulley.

At first I think I will just drag the bag and cart around by hand behind but will look at hitching something removable on the back of the deck to tow the bag and cart.

I will need a park brake too, I’m not sure if you can have an electric park brake through the motor controller? or I need to jig some physical brake incorporated into the hitch attachment I can just use a foot to lock on or off when I need to move.

You might be able to use a brake light for a drone depending on the remote you are using. If it has a 2nd channel you might be able to rig that up so it will turn on the brake light, there was a thread on this but I can’t remember what it was called

I’m not referring to a brake ‘light’ I’m talking about a park brake

ahh sorry I misread that maybe, have a relay switch connected to channel 2 on the remote and have the relay short two of the motors phase wires, which will cause it to be very hard to move but not impossible

1 Like

Cheers, I will look into this when the time comes.

Actually if you are using a focbox it will be best not to as it my break it but I’m not 100% sure

Could be pretty taxing on the electricals! Probably go a physical restriction on a wheel operated by a push on/off latch.

Maybe a modded mountain board brake would work if your going to be using AT wheels

That would be a beyond whats needed for a park brake

Oh ok so you won’t be parking on any hills then

Of-course I would be parking on hills… why would I need a park brake if I was stopping flat level ground. A mountain board setup is not needed for a park brake.

1 Like

Ok I though you would have had to have a pretty strong brake so the board doesn’t get pulled down the hill by the weight of the bag and cart although you said you haven’t done that yet but it might be better to kinda over engineer it so then if you do it won’t be pulled by the cart

Not a lot of force is need to hold it at a stationary position if you are already stationary even on the steepest hills, bag and cart be no more than 20kg but like you said I haven’t got to the practical testing of any ideas for it yet and won’t for some time,

Hmm yes and I suppose hills on golf courses wouldn’t too steep would they?

I’m beginning to think you only want to argue

No I do not want to argue. I was trying to help you to solve an issue that you might have trouble with. The last thing I would say you could do is put a rubber band on the remote and wrap it around the remote trigger so it pulls it to full brake when you want to. I will stop posting now as my help is not wanted, good day and good luck with your board

Dare I suggest it – and this is not a joke – you could throw an anchor overboard. Seriously, you could put a loop of string hanging off your backpack and just wrap it around the truck

I have an anchor I use on the kayak, could use that.

That may be overkill and too heavy to carry with you

Kayak specific, its a little 1.2kg job