Sk3 keyway for pulley

Those screws are hardened, never seen any of them to fail

unless you got a miller making a keyway is going to be hard and will come out bad IMO

A keyway broach will do it, or buy stuff that already has keyways.

1 Like

I ground a flat spot onto my sk3 awhile back and used a grub screw. It worked for a little while. What I ended up doing was drilling a divot into the flat spot so the grub screw was able to hold tighter. Worked really good for me.

it slips right off with a bit of heat, its real easy.

1 Like

Using heat doesn’t sound like it’s “real easy”

You argument makes zero sense.:laughing: You are just making more work for yourselves and making ur spindles unbalanced. Carry on :rofl:

You keep yours, I will keep mine :smiley:

These are tools for me, not toys.

Wasn’t easy for me, but having tried both, retaining compound FTW all the way. It’s not even close in terms of fuckery involved and reliability.

Loctite 648.

A flat spot is doable with hand tools. I’d really recommend replacing the shitty little black grubs for a better quality one in stainless.

It’s also fairly easy to make a smallish 1mm hole for the grub to go into if you have a drill press and good quality hard bits like cobalt. The shaft needs to be removed or supported while doing so. Remember to bag any motor being worked on to avoid any metal particles getting in

1 Like

I use file (not even a dremmel) to grind a flat spot on the SK3 axle, it’s the best method by far yet the cheapest to avoid pulley skipping. I didn’t even use a thread locker or fancy keyway, not needed.

2 Likes