SK3 Motor ...Equivalant or better Motors?

All these motors that are being used for esk8-ing have were primarily and only primarily made for R/C Aircraft/Helicopter motors. (Tacon/SK3’s/few others) Somehow they managed to get used in the esk8 and have been having a “good” reputation so it has come almost mainstream. Now there are motors made SPECIFICALLY for esk8-ing (made with revisions to better handle forces. yada-yada-yada), which come at a high price tag, but pays off as they don’t break.

Do you plan 6355 version of your motor? How much would it be and when?

Which ones ?

Sorry, which ones what?

Which ones (motors) are specifically made for E-skate that better handle forces ?

Don’t mark my words but the Rspec looks made for Esk8 HOWEVER it looks like a Maytech motor

Looks like Maytech or Tacon ??

Wmj, i know you did the SK3 group buy with mods like Shaft length, silicon wires .

Do you think the manufacture could Change KV for 6355 Motor ??

Sk3 6355 is 260KV , for people who want a Double Rear , do you think they would consider lowering KV to a more suitible 200-220 KV ??

I will ask them on that, but I think it will have to be a separate order. I’m surprised like you that no one asked for lower sized duals, but I’ll let you know.

…Was just wondering if they would be open to that on a future order ?

I dont think SK3’s come at that size, its either

-5055(280KV) -5065(236KV) -6354(260KV) -6364(190KV/213/245/) -6374(149KV/168/192) Based on Hobbykings website.

Ya my mistake,…I meant the Sk3 6364,… but would rather a KV around 200-220.

Appearantly I got a reply from them saying, “Yes, we can make 6354 motor for 200-250KV, please advise the KV and how many piece of sample you are needed? Does the motor needs hall sensor and the shaft with keyway?”

Well that is good to know , if ever there is enough interest in these motors at these KV’s,… they can make them!!

You compare apples to oranges. The standard SK3 is pretty low spec. You will never ever get a quality product at the same price of a budget one. You always get what you pay in the end. As I stated, the spec of our motors is top of the range and that is reflected in the price.

Frank

@trampa

Does that also apply to apple … :smiley:

Well, this is not always true. You have numerous example of vendors overadvertising their products to make them appear leagues above in terms of quality. The “image” can (and is) also sold with the product. I am not specifically speaking of esk8 vendors, my comment was more general.

1 Like

Hi quick noob question, at the sk3 245kv motors it says 10s but if you use 6s that alright but it doesn’t use the full potential of the motor?

Pretty much.

Is there a big difference performance wise between a 63 and a 55mm motor for single setup, and what would you recommend for a 8s setup?

5055’s are only good for dual setups, and not that great then. You will see a people using 5055’s on a single motor build, but they do a lot of kicking to start and for hills. Go for a 6355 or better,

Lol, wut??

50mm is what Boosted and Evolve use. Evolve just climbed the steepest gradient in the world with 50 duals.

I think they fair better than “not that great”. But yes, 63s will pull like a freight train with the right battery :slight_smile: