SK8 ESC Turningy heating up , please need advice

thank you guys, I try to do that! Once I figure out how and I let you know the outcome. If you dont mind me asking, I know I would probsbly find info on youtube or google, but I like talking to people, so should I connect Vesc to pc stand alone, or hooked to battery, motor and reciever as well? cheers

Fully assembled with battery connected.

It will need to be connected up to the motor and receiver. It is best if you can connect to a 12v power supply other than the batteries in case it is broken and shorts the battery wires

image image

updare for interested ones. I managed to connect Vesc to pc and set it up , although Vesc was fine for a while, then got error, then fine again, so I examined it and saw this melted protective plastic in specific area, so I assume this bit is overheating for some reason( probably short) , so I did request a return, hopefully they will exchange it. Love to hear your thoughts! cheers

Ps : when my motor spinned for first time, you should see that smile on my face :smile:

I figured there was a short. HK is pretty good about returns.

There is probably a solder bridge around the area of the melted plastic causing a short. You have to connect it to the pc when you get the vesc and motor to set it up properly if you try to use it before setting it up you will most likely kill the vesc. You may want to invest in a better vesc as you get what you pay for when it comes to vesc generally.

The HK vesc is actually very good, this wasn’t a bad vesc it was damaged from not setting it up in the settings or running a motor detection

I had never seen much talk about hk vesc but do agree it most likely was user error by not doing the motor detection

1 Like