Skateboard parts

Because You spend about 90 usd on power switch which I will not buy, and other thing which not need.

Where is inportant to install motor for climbing? Is better at front?

I used an ebay china esc, which came with a power switch. I swear you cannot make a decent board for cheaper than i did, actually 390 bucks

1 Like

sorry for spelling your name wrong @Apolo

:slight_smile:

1 Like

You have only read this forum for a total of 2 hours. Seriously, go read more posts and educate yourself before you make mistakes which will cost you hundreds of dollars. I’m saying this from personal experience from my first build.

2 Likes

Your range is directly related (y = kx) to watthours(wh) which is calculated by voltage times amp-hour (ah). With the same amount of packs, series and parallel arrangement will not affect the range. Having a parallel setup means more amp hours but you have to push more amps due to your low voltage. With packs in series, you can push in less current to achieve the same power since you have more voltage. If anything, go with a series setup since they Have a wider speed range and put out less heat.

Just a note on your budget, esk8 is really something you don’t want to cut corners on. Unless you have mechanical background or some sort, getting away with a decent model without problems is very unlikely. Best of luck my friend. :nerd_face:

You can’t use have two batteries in series and one in parallel. Each group of parallel batteries must be the same voltage. If you used three batteries you’d have one parallel group at 6S and one at 3S, which is Very Bad™.

I understand. Must have two group of 6. Four baterry. I think will stay on 2 baterry in series, for now. Thanks.

I was so naive in to think my build was just going to slightly surpass the $ 1000 barrier. In reality, the way is going right know is skyrocketing out of the charts!!

2 Likes

But how? What parts are you using?

1 Like

Buy this 1x https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-skateboard-conversation-kit-v2.html 1x https://www.amazon.com/XCSOURCE-Transmitter-Controller-Receiver-Skateboard/dp/B073GX83NH/ref=pd_sbs_468_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B073GX83NH&pd_rd_r=KYQDZVH84B3QNPWN2R0C&pd_rd_w=Xpjb8&pd_rd_wg=FORfo&psc=1&refRID=KYQDZVH84B3QNPWN2R0C 2x https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multistar-high-capacity-5200mah-6s-10c-multi-rotor-lipo-pack-w-xt90.html

b004e27c34210e09f1704882a09a9343bc6bdacd_1_690x404 Do this and you’ll be good. (shamelessly stolen from another thread @nmagz3

6 Likes

Maybe this is someting for you? I sell these for 29 euro :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Bimmer Thank you. I will not buy that hub motorized wheels. I watched many videos hub vs belt.

Somebody tell me is deck 80x20 cm is long enough for that? So this trucks above is bigger than my deck :slight_smile:

1 Like

The motor mount might look rubbish, but when applied correctly to the truck - it is really good. I have used one before, that’s why i know this. I had to file down the truck, do some precision drilling into the truck (so that the set screws hold tight) and also added epoxy in the end inbetween the mount and the truck (overkill :smiley: ) the mount never bent or showed any kind of wear/tear - though i would avoid it myself since there are a lot better solutions out there that require about half less time to attach to the board.

2 Likes

I’m using good parts. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I was drunk and forgot I made everything myself except the motors trucks vescs and remote.

1 Like

…good example, butttt …saving the overpriced Enertion r-spec 6372 motor. Is like building an economic car in your garage and chosing a Ferrari Testarossa V12 double overhead cam-twin turbocharged engine to motorize the dang frankenstein thing.

@bimmer

Do this and you’ll be good. (shamelessly stolen from another thread @nmagz3

1 Like

Do you recomend me that esc 3 in 1 ?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/single-motor-electric-longboard-skateboard-controller-ESC-Substitute/302546263597?_mwBanner=1

There are many identical esc on eBay. Buy one sold by diclyho2015, or evoked shop, both sold by @dickyho

What is average size of deck which you using?

There are longboards (typically tailless) and skateboards/cruisers (typically have a tail)

Most longboards are 36" to 42"

Most cruisers are 28" to 34"

But there are exceptions to all of that

1 Like