Skelly | Bustin EQ 36 Hollowcore | DIYES Single Kit | SK3 6364 190kv | Turnigy 150A ESC | GT2B Baby Buffalo | 6S3P 5000MAH

This one is similar: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1647215

I’ll share them tonight, just need to adjust the distance to the wheel a bit on one side.

That wont fit a torqueboards mount.

1 Like

Lol, sorry. Didn’t see it was for a TB mount

Made some changes to the covers. As promissed, here’s the .thingiverse link: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1784477

5 Likes

More updates! I re designed my enclosure, and started printing the parts, its split in 4 and each take about 8hs to print o.O Printed a new enclosure for the VESC also, so that it fits inside the new enclosure.

The enclosure will be sanded smooth and then coated with 2 layers of fiberglass to add some more strength. Still havent decided if im going to do 2 layers on the outside, 2 on the inside or 1 on each side; As PLA doesnt really bond that good with fiberglass i was thinking outside and inside and have them join on the sides.

2 Likes

2nd piece printed, 2 more to go, hopefully i can lay the fiber this weekend! And start printing some PETG Wedges and new remote enclosure too!

1 Like

Enclosure prints finally finished! Managed to get 2x7hs prints done today! All stuck together and ready to sand/fiberglass. Also tested the fitment of the components inside, seems like there’s enough space for the bms and antispark! All the inside surface will be covered in velcro and all the electronics will attach to that, then a layer of foam will go between the board and the enclosure to keep it water tight and keep everything in place.

4 Likes

Nice build you’ve got going. Lots of empty space in the case, is there a reason you designed it to be so big? Future battery upgrades?

Still need to fit the BMS 100x50mm, the anti spark and cables

Layed down a layer of fiberglass to keep the enclosure all together so that i can start testing the electronics and drilling holes for the threaded inserts. It doesnt look great, but it will once i do the full layer, bondo, primer and paint this weekend.

3 Likes

Drilled the holes and put in the threaded inserts, it broke my heart drilling into the board tough. The case fits perfect, and will be water tight with some blue foam i have laying around from a sleeping mat. Took it for a spin and everything seems to work fine, except for my wiring which is WAY too long for FOC, so once i get the BMS ill make all the wires 10g and as short as possible.

1 Like

So, im taking a step back with the enclosure, the amount of work it will take to getting looking good, plus the crappy adhesion of the fiberglass to the PLA made me rethink the whole thing. So i got my self some 1/8 ABS sheet and ill cnc machine a mold and have a go at vacuum forming instead. It should look a lot cleaner and be a lot tougher than this. Ill have to remove all the threaded inserts and fill in the holes, but that shouldn’t take too much time. I also updated my remote with the smoother buffalo case i made, ill post pics once i get home.

I’m officially in love with vacuum forming! Its soooo friggin cool! I did fail tough,my gheto heater was taking too long to get the abs sheet to 180C so i gave it a go with 150F, not enough, so i put that same failed sheet back on the heater, an to my suprise, you can reuse it, so i gave it another go at 170C, still not enough on the edges, so i need to open up my heater box a bit more. Its ok tough, first try was just to get the feel of it, it was never meant to be the final product. Anyways, here’s some pics i took of the process. Great learning experience!

EDIT: @psychotiller what temp do you get you abs to before molding? 350F/180C same as everyone else?

BTW, sorry for the mess!

And a bonus, my updated version of the Baby Buffalo!

e

5 Likes

Lol nice! You need to get the temp up in the 250 range. There you will be able to get more detail in your mold. You’ll start to see how the and should look before you attempt the molding process.

I honestly haven’t looked at temps in a long time. I just watch the sag.

What heater are u using?

800w infrared heater

That’s higher than its “liquid” temp o.O

My abs must be different than yours then. Trust me. 250 to 300

How long it takes to get 1/8 ABS to 180C?