Sketchy Dual Motor ESC

I’m new to ESK8, and I’m looking to build my first board. While looking around for a ESC, I found this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MMTS4YN/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Being unfamiliar with ESK8 markets, is this unbranded ESC trustworthy? It seems okay but I really don’t know.

I would stay off Amazon for parts with the exception of things like hardware , padding, gaskets and connectors.

There’s a lot of threads on that esc. Search “ebay esc” They’re not great, they’re not programmable. They are cheap tho… I think there’s a lot of better options out there though.

1 Like

If there’s anything you shouldn’t cheap out on, it’s the remote, battery, and esc. A bad remote or esc could leave you on your board without any controls (it can get stuck accelerating, or slam the brakes and throw you off) A bad battery could burst into flames.

1 Like

what would you recommend for a first time builder wanting to have a dual belt drive? I was thinking about getting that but i’ve been planning to put so much my money into this build it makes no sense to cheap out on the esc i guess… Maybe Dual FSESC4.20 100A Flipsky ?

1 Like

My suggestion is to get reliable esc as when you’re travelling above 30kph, your lives will depend on it.

1 Like