Skullboard Hub Motors issue: clicking sound

I got myself a Skullboard S2 about a month ago. This one:

A few days ago one of the hub motors started making a clicking sound and I was wondering if anybody knows about this or has seen anything similar.

Here’s the video I recorded:

I know the communication with the company is tedious and confusing so I’m willing to take it a part and look inside. Any guidelines/thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

1 Like

Did you find any solution? Same hubs, same problem! Thanks…

Nope, not yet. The Skullboard people haven’t responded to me (I wasn’t expecting anything) and I haven’t had time to open the hubs. I keep on using the board everyday and to be honest, it’s getting worse.

Question for you: is it both hubs or just one? For me it’s just one of the hubs.

More info: When I start the ride no sound comes up. It start after a 2-3 kilometers so I assume it has to do with the hubs heating up. After I let them cool down the sounds disappears. Same thing for you?

I’m going to try to open the hub motor this weekend and I’ll let you know what I find out.

1 Like

Solved the problem!

I took out both motor hub wheels. On the inner part of the wheel there’s a thin round metal piece that covers the ball bearings. Carefully take it off. It’s a very flimsy piece and can be easily bent and then it’s useless. I put some lube right on the bearings. I had some bike chain lube that works pretty good. Don’t put WD40, it’s not a lubricant.

When I put the motor hubs back on the trucks, the noise had totally disappeared. I’ve been using it for the last 3 days and ZERO noise has come out. Not sure exactly what was the problem but that seemed to fix it.

And one other advice: tighten every screw of the board. I do it once every 2 weeks or even once a week.

I hope it helps.Le me know if this solves your problem. Cheers!

2 Likes

Did the same and it seems to work.

1 Like

It’s called a bearing shield.

Also it’s actually plastic.

Pues te deseo suerte hermano. Tedioso es poco. Yo les compre uno y viendo que no llegaba ni me contestaban, reclame a paypal. Fue entonces cuando me contestaron, me pidieron perdón y que porfavor retirara la reclamación y que me lo volverían a enviar. A día de hoy no contestan mis mensajes, su pg parece haber desaparecido, de esto hace ya dos años y sigo sin recibir nada. Me muevo por las redes denunciando mi caso, intentando hacer presión o que al menos se sepa lo que hace esta empresa.

1 Like