Slave VESC won't spin the motor

and another one bites the dust from canbus.

1 Like

It might be the problem. 2 differents modes maybe the can tried to applied that to the slave and fried it. Donyou know someone that can replace your drv chip ?

@ElskerShadow yeah Iā€™ve already sent an email to the DRVwizard. $45 is worth it.

How did you connect the can bus cable? After setting up settings for each VESC, master and slave, did you disconnect the power cables from both VESCs, plug in the CANBUS cable, then plug in the power leads from the battery at the same time with a parallel connector? I set up my build with canbus last night and it worked out fine after some fiddeling around.

Yes, but I donā€™t think that I had the id set correctly when I did.

I have a hard time thinking the id would cause the DRV to blow up.

Is Canbus not robust once you get it working? Are there common failures that can occur by using it?

I have mine working. It has been reliable, but Iā€™ve only used it for about 30km so far.

The only reliability issue that I know of is the canbus wire falling out of the socket with vibration and causing damage. Other than that, there is just too many ways that you can damage the Vesc with canbus by not getting the settings right or by not powering both vescs at the same time. It seems a bit complicated and one misstep and your toast. I just always went with split ppm or dual receiver because of the simplicity and redundancy.

1 Like

Currently two issues 1.) any setting a try to apply to VESC will not stay it just goes back to default. 2.)slave motor will not spin while using reciver but it works when checking for motor spin direction in software Info Dual 6374 with 2 VESC from Have can bus connector and itā€™s powered on Using latest version of tool and software for VESC

are you sure you connected to the vesc?

do you power on both vescs in the same moment?

did you go through all wizards and it still donĀ“t take the settings?

if you didnĀ“t save the motor detection results to your vesc you canĀ“t spin your motors via remote.

maybe upload a video how the situation is. might help us to find your problem.