Slide gloves - Well fucking finally

6 Likes

Leather glovesā€¦ OR biking glovesā€¦

1 Like

Except neither of those work well for slidingā€¦

1 Like

Would your bear hands work for skidding? How about coated leather gloves?

There are mtb gloves designed for protecting your hands and they look much more comfortable http://hub.chainreactioncycles.com/buying-guides/clothing/gloves-buying-guide/

And the gloves you linked donā€™t offer any protection to finger tips, So unless you have a skilled reaction to hold your fingers back when crashing or sliding. then Iā€™ts a hard no.

Raising your fingertips in a slide is not hardā€¦

The purpose of a slide glove is to offer a slick point of contact to the ground. You can put all your weight on that slide glove without having to worry about there being too much ā€˜grabā€™.

Literally everything you mentioned is designed for fall damage. Theyā€™re not designed to withstand long,drawn out abrasive forceā€¦

MTB gloves will wear in a single session, if not during.

1 Like

OH OK, Good luck sliding with 90mm wheels LOL This is esk8, I thought we were talking about safety.

1 Like

I donā€™t know why, but it never occurred to me I would need finger-less slide gloves :thinking:

2 Likes

Maybe use your phone eat something and then lick your fingers you know the usual.

But My leather gloves got some special coating that allow me to use my phone.

Me either

2 Likes

Youā€™ve been able to purchase slide glove since forever, even fingerless gloves.

Whatā€™s ā€œfinallyā€ about this?

Well I appreciate the passive aggression, but sliding 90mm wheels is not a matter of ā€œluckā€ as you put it.

The new bit is the fact that the pucks are supposedly much thinner and makes for an easier time manipulating objects in your hand.

However thatā€™s not really my main excitement. My main excitement is that this is the first time Iā€™ve seen a DH brand attempting to make a slide glove with the intent of being used as a commuter tool rather than for the specific purpose of technical DH sessions. Basically this will (hopefully) show DH brands that there is a demand for non-bulky slide gloves that are comfortable for handling small objects like your phone/remote/camera/flashlights/etc. Itā€™s not the perfect product, but itā€™s the start.

That is an interesting take.

How would commuters be using pucks?

Especially with Eskate, youā€™ve got brakes.

We do have brakesā€¦ especially brakes that have locked up on numerous people on the forums. There needs to be some kind of protection for your hands as a commuter, either slide gloves, or wrist guards.

1 Like

You know what would work better than these gloves?

1. A leather glove.

2. Velcro.

3. A plastic cutting board.

Place Velcro on the glove, 2 Cut the ā€œcutting boardā€ Into desired size pieces maybe two pieces in the center, that way the middle of your hand can be bent. DIY guys Just think.

100% agree. This is what we did back in the day for DH slide gloves. Worked perfectly. I donā€™t see the purpose of these in esk8. A Mt. Bike style glove is a much better option in my opinion if you want hand protection. Slide gloves are annoying to wear if youā€™re not sliding and I canā€™t see too many esk8 commuters sliding.

Well, so you probably can get away with a much smaller puck then.

Have it be completely out of the way practically.

Alright Gigs up whats ur main account.

1 Like

com-add-text(5)

3 Likes