Smoking Charger Batteries in Series

I think I might have dameged the batteries but they are not puffing yet

The red center wire is connected to the positive main on pack 1 The black center wire I connected to the negative main on pack 2 You should not have to cut either.

Hmmm, you might have shorted the charger when you initially plugged it in.

Ok I think so because there was alot of smoke

You do for IMAX Chargers, I was warned by the guy i bought the splitter from to do it, and my battery system works fine.

Wait so how does it work for @MrHappy

@Maxid also has experience and good knowledge about this, maybe he could shed some light on the situation?

ive been riding this board for a few months, so unless i just have a damn good push start.

Ok how could I tell if it is the batteries or the charger

Do you have a board that you can plug the batteries into?

Ok sounds good hope he can help

That balance lead connector was wrong way around. Yo u have burnt the balance resistors in the charger.

2 Likes

Yeah I will try that

Ok that makes sense so I have to buy a new one

Or can I not use the 6s port but can I still use the rest

the main red from pack 1 is connected to the main black from pack 2 So if he cut one of the center wires, the balance current would have to go through the main wires

You don’t need to cut one of them but if you did you should have cut the black not the red

Ok so basically what do I have to do to get it working as in what do I have to fix it buy

Welp I am stupid I cut the red because @MrHappy happy did well u live and you learn

The adapter harness was made to work as it is. I would re-connect the red wire

Ok I will do that at least I did not remove it and it should be a simple fix