SNOW MACHINE | Trampa Holy Pro | Dual trampa 136Kv | Dual VESCX

Thanks Frank, i do like the idea of mounting the esc box directly on the motor mounts, less stress on the motor cables.

Do you have the bolt pattern of these place holder holes? This will avoid me eye balling them and my caliper probably doesn’t span enough (150mm caliper) I’ll probably need to get a new box, already poked the other one with a bunch of holes.

However i’ll have to disagree with you about the length of the sensor cables, these cable can probably be over a meter long before experiencing any parasidic effects. What’s annoying with these jst ph connectors, there’s no inline male headers, need to use a through hole connector to make an adapter. So having a good length for them makes things alot easier.

@trampa, I’m not seeing your place holder vesc mounts… is it these notches?

Just send me a mail. [email protected] I’ll send you the PDF.

With regards to the cables: However you do it its wrong. To long or to short…

Frank

1 Like

I understand what you mean, guess i can always open up the motor and solder some longer cables (yes yes, voided warranty, that’s why I can’t have nice stuff :wink: )

email sent.

1 Like

You can simply cut the cables behind the jst connector and solder longer cables to the wires. Easy! No need to open the motor. I would not open it! The PCB inside is sealed. You can also make an extension using a jst male connector. Not as nice but it works…

Frank

I think I found them

This is interesting, that means I would need to water proof the vesc. should be fairly easy, just inject a bunch of silicon inside the enclosure… but what to do with the receiver, hmmm

That’s the ASM sensor holes. The Vesc holes are the other 4 tiny pilot holes. Feel free to drill some more. VescX is not our product…

Frank

1 Like

Almost finished the battery pack, @barajabali dude don’t know how you do it, it’s so much work. And i’m not even done, still need to isolate it properly, strain releive the sensor cables and wrap it all up

4 Likes

hahah it looks good man.

I do exactly what you just did with all of the in between strips TWICE. I use double strips to make sure it handles amp load. Yea, its a lot of work!

5 Likes

Almost done, just need to put in the bms, wanted to take it for a ride so i did a temporary setup.

First ride, noticed that both motor mounts were loose… great, they came pre-assembled, 3hrs, 174725 screws later. All 4 grub screw weren’t tighten to the hanger.

3 Likes

Best X-Mas gift ever :wink:

Hope you used Loctide for the loose screws, otherwise they come loose again soon … And tight them again after the first rides, the normaly tend to work in the hanger… ones they set they are bulletproof…

From my expierence you can forget about on soft/loose sand ! Even with highly deflated tires you dont have fun… needet some bigger tires with paddles :imp:

5 Likes

@JohnnyMeduse So - How’s the handling? Is it manageable?

Ask @blasto, He is the ones playing with is big toys :wink:, I was only holding the camera. But I think he need some chain…

1 Like

There’s a learning curve having both feet strapped. I’m not to comfortable at the moment, pratice will make perfect.

But today i had no traction at all, roads were very slippery

1 Like

Awesomeness. Need 4WD and chains in those conditions…

I’ve thought about doing the '‘cheap diy chains’…

Basically you just use a zip ties and put them through the spokes and around the tire… Though, for drive wheel this might be a bit more difficult to do, depending on what sort of adapter plate each one of us got.

2 Likes

I’m actually going to do this for my mtb. But the plastic zip ties won’t last though since they’ll break easily. Someone suggested using stainless steel zip ties instead so I might go that route.

https://www.amazon.com/Strip-Stainless-Steel-Locking-Cable/dp/B004C3C22K

1 Like