Snowboarders? (pic/vid) Waiting for summer

No Frankenboard until summer. Constant rain at lower elevations here, snow in the mountains. Not e-board friendly yet. How many winter climate people on here?

I am wondering how many esk8ers have a snowboard background? Used to ride, still do? Where? Any pics or video?

I had my old gopro out yesterday, cut together some footage. This is my 5th time up this year, haven’t been up as much as I would have liked.

4 Likes

That really looks fun! No snowboard background here but I do have surfing background since about 1972

2 Likes

Cool. I have only surfed once, so far. I mean to do more of it. Might do some down in Tofino when I get the chance. Cold though. Where do you surf? Any footage?

1 Like

No snowboarding yet but have surfed and longboarded. But it is my first winter in south dakota. Still trying to get used to it. Will be weather proofing my boards tho for the snow and water

1 Like

Nice riding dude - love the way you burst through those trees! Godamm I miss though white stuff :crazy_face:

1 Like

You and Charlie sheen :stuck_out_tongue: Been snowboarding for years - mostly Japan. This from Nozawa Onsen spring last year.

2 Likes

Im totally jealous. I wish we had good slopes around here :frowning:

I grew up a beach boy surfing in the summer with good slopes in the winter up in the north east. But now I’m a few hours from the beach, and no where near slopes… It’s how I ended up esk8ing. Started downhill, got tired of walking and pushing, so added power.

Yeah I snowboard, it’s a lot like e-sk8 tbh. Still waiting on someone to make an electric snowboard

1 Like

Last year was my first time longboard and snowboard. I’m planning to learn how to surf in the future. I live in Virginia so not a lot of good slopes around here.

San Diego, CA. We have beach breaks, reef breaks and point breaks.

cea68c0bb040226c28b379a6c2decafaaf1720c6_1_690x388

6 Likes

Did i hear „good slopes“?

6 Likes

trying a different view on a few top speed runs ( New Zealand )

also working on a hydrofoil board

3 Likes

Some fun two years ago in Austria “Wilder Kaiser”

:monkey:

3 Likes

Started skiing at the age of 3 and moved to snowboarding at the age of 16 when it first started becoming popular. Never switched back.

Only downside. I don’t enjoy prepared slopes anymore and the snow conditions these days are rarely what they used to be…+ the prices went up big time.

There’s one spot close by. Chance of good snow, maybe two weekends a year. Good for beginners/my wife.

Center of Germany :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

i snowboard, no videos unfortunately. i do like to track my speed on any given day tho

i think that’s the fastest i’ve gotten up to on my current snowboard

3 Likes

yah we germans do it like that. Skiing from walking up to 16 years, than discover snowboarding and go with that from there on :smiley:

Next hill i have is 45 min drive away - the “Erbeskopf” next to Idar-Oberstein.

1 Like

Not snowboard, but snow :sunglasses:

Edit:Damn pic coming sideways…

4 Likes

I can relate, I was living in Toronto until a couple years ago. I got into esk8ing as a snowboarding substitute. Surfing is a pretty sweet substitute for snowboarding though…

1 Like

Yeah! That looks like a good size wave!

I used to snowboard a lot when I was younger. Snow’s been pretty shit here for a number of years though, plus my main buddy I used to go up with went full retard and tried to launch himself into orbit and blew his knee out.

Eboarding’s been a great substitute (no paying for a lift ticket anymore). I do miss it though.