So I bought a TB direct drive and now I have a decision to make

I have some extra parts lying around (FOCBOX Unity, BMS, ABEC11 107s, enclosure) that I haven’t used and I ordered a TB direct drive on Black Friday that should be here within a month. I have kind of changed my mind now since buying the parts and I really don’t need a 3rd build in my apt. So, should I just sell the parts or should I make the build anyway and sell it as a complete? I was thinking ~$1,800-$1,900 for the whole build w/ a 12s4p or 12s5 30Q battery. You can check out the quality of my previous build (The Comet Board) on my website CometBoards.com if you want pictures. https://cometboards.com/products/the-comet-board

why not sell one of the old boards? don’t you wanna try those DDs???

1 Like

Just sell the parts, it’s a DIY forum after all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha yeah but I don’t think I could make em fit the pneumatics I have and I don’t want to give up pneumatic tires.

yeah, unless I see some interest from people in buying it that’s probably what I would do. $1,800 for 12s4p Unity and TB DD is a steal though. Then I’d still get the fun of building it too!

TB is probably coming with a pneumatic kit for their DDs

2 Likes

Dibs on unity and 107s. Haha

I have the drives on order too and really need to get a unity for when they come so can I grab that off you when you’re ready to part with it please? Ready as soon as you are. Well depending on the price too cause I actually have $100 gift card for the enertion website so if you’re close to what I would pay with that I am ready whenever, or if you’re wanting anything on their site and I could work that in wit wha I pay you with that it would be cool. I’ve been trying to find someone selling one though instead of buying it through their site and waiting… Let me know. LOL

I still haven’t made a decision, but I would have to charge what I paid for the Unity which was $250+shipping. I also would need to sell my TB DD when it arrives too and I would like to sell it for what I paid which was $600.

The ABEC11s are slightly used (with absolutely no cracks, chucking or damage. Even the printing on the sides is 100% fresh) so I could sell those for $115+shipping.

I’m down to take those two off of you whenever you’re ready.

Unity Abec 107

1 Like

So far I think we’re most likely offering a Pneumatic Setup for the DD also. That’s the plan at least unless the performance is just horrible but I think they’ll do pretty well and we’ve also upgraded the motors too so shouldn’t be a problem.

6 Likes

what’s the eta on that?

1 Like

Any shot you still need wheel pulleys with those 107s? My sale post has them all together :innocent::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Sure. When he finally decides to sell them, I’ll hit you up.

1 Like

12s5p would sell better I think…