So I got an Exway

Hi all,

Just thought I’d share my recent experience. I am VERY new to the eSkate world, and I have just recently acquired an Exway X1 board. I had thoughts about building one, but parts in South Africa are not freely available and buying abroad and importing is an option, but getting a prebuilt board seemed like the right decision based on circumstances.

I’ve only done a total of 42kms with it, it’s not for commuting to work or anything simply because drivers have no discipline or consideration for pedestrians or cyclists etc. The main purpose is to learn and enjoy it as a past time.

I just wanted to say, that I’m COMPLETLY HOOKED! I love how smooth and responsive the board is. It’s more quick than I would ever need it to be, and it’s simply just fun

I can’t believe it’s taken so long to get into this hobby

I haven’t read extensively on this site, but the community has been very helpful with the few and silly questions I’ve had.

Looking forward to much more mileage and learning a whole lot more from this site.

Cheers

6 Likes

I think that as someone new here and to the hobby, the electronics and battery are arguably the most important. Here in the esk8 community were sort of having a growing pain where chinese retailers(not your exway, dont worry) will grab the market, and turn a profit for cheaply made products that cant really be considered to be ‘Known as safe’. Just be safe, do research on the part and the reseller before you buy :slight_smile:

Aside from that puddle of words, congratulations!!! Enjoy surfing the sidewalks :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m personally too heavy to enjoy the limited range on lightweight prebuilts but I’ve heard great things about the Exway.

Welcome to the addiction. I agree that DIY might be much harder for you due to location

2 Likes

Damn!!! South Africa in the house! Welcome to the forum. :call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

Much appreciated

Thank you so much for the words! I’m looking forward to not only reading, but contributing to the forum

1 Like

Exway is the best electric skateboard you can buy right now, that is already pre-assembled, in my own opinion

2 Likes

Pre-assembled meaning In China, nothing like @longhairedboy or @psychotiller boards

I can’t speak from having other boards, but am really happy with this

1 Like

The exway won’t let you down, don’t worry, make sure your next board is a diy

1 Like

That would definitely be on the cards :smile:

1 Like

Metroboard is better

2 Likes

We don’t have retailers here who stock them

My first board was an Exway - it’s what got me hooked! Range was the only issue.

1 Like

Totally forgot about metroboard, it’s better but much more heavy

1 Like

Only if you get the long range ones

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum my friend. Heard only good stuff about the exway so enjoy

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

Is it more expensive?