Socal Rider seriously injured night before last

Wow, sorry to hear about this. I hope we can hear what happened if it’s related to electric skating and learn from it at least, he’s a shredder and gets out there and rides for real hopefully he didn’t discover a limit unprepared, let’s all remember to keep advocating for helmet use and the importance of safety with these things, they are the most dangerous form of skating there is…it pays to be cautious and safe, and get well soon @bigboytoys , take care of yourself, I still want to do a cross country race with you man!

4 Likes

@BigBoyToys Wishing you a speedy recovery brother, anything you need just say it.

2 Likes

@BigBoyToys hope youre okay Derek.

2 Likes

@BigBoyToys hope youre gunna be ok and can tell us soon

2 Likes

Noooo I hope you have a quick and easy recovery, we don’t know the conditions of the injury but we really really hope you recover fast! @BigBoyToys

2 Likes

Man I was just talking with him two days ago about riding when I got back to school!

Get well soon Derek @BigBoyToys

2 Likes

@BigBoyToys I really hope you’re ok. Heal up quick. I’m sending positive vibes your way. :punch:

2 Likes

@BigBoyToys Hope you’re able to focus on recovering and get well soon Derek.

2 Likes

Holly shit, that’s a terrible news, I was just exchanging PMs and I wondered why he didn’t reply, I know now.

If he is in ICU then the hit must have been pretty bad, his boards is extremely powerful I really hope he is ok, but thus really sucks as a community, this machines are getting stronger and stronger everytime increasing the inherent risk of fatality.

We need to start to increase the protection as well, what really makes it more difficult is that speed is addicting, we should all consider increase safety specially on high powered boards

11 Likes

This is awful…he was one of the helpful ones here…contributed much he did. @psychotiller can we get together something nice like some flowers and a gift basket? Maybe a card digitally signed by all of us here…i think that would be a really nice gesture…maybe do it like a group buy?

18 Likes

That would be a nice gesture to him and the family and many here would probably like to be part of that!

3 Likes

Wish you the best big man! I hope its nothing too severe! In any case support is here and let us know whatever you need in your recovery. A stupid skype call for a change of pace, Ideas tipps and tricks around pain or whatever. You name it.

All the best from over the pond!

2 Likes

@psychotiller would you give us more info on his current medical status?

1 Like

:open_mouth: can’t believe he crashed hard enough to be in ICU. I hope he fully recovers soon. Is this brother on the forum? Would love to know what happened.

Does Derek have a full face helmet? I’ve only seen him ride with that normal skate helmet loosely on his head. We should chip in and get him one as a get well :gift: I’m sure he’s the largest size they come

1 Like

Damn! Thats sad:( get better dude @BigBoyToys.

This accedent makes me think i should get some more protection other than fullface helmet.

1 Like

We should stop speculating on the accident till we know what’s up, he could have fallen down a flight of stairs or been beat-up by a girl, no one knows yet…but if it was an eskate wipe-out, let him teach the lesson, he’ll know it best…

6 Likes

exactly, nothing in psycho’s original post says accident was esk8 related.

regardless, we should all be padded the hell up if you’re sustaining speed above 20mph thru urban settings.

1 Like

I met @BigBoyToys a little while ago and felt like we were already long time friends. He’s a great presence in our community. Always pushing the limits of riding and building ultimate skateboards. Rode with him this Christmas Eve and could barely keep up and celebrated at a party afterwords. Planned a long +50 mile ride for yesterday, got a text from mutual friend that he was in a very bad skateboard accident the night before. I don’t know the details of how he went down. He suffered a bad head injury. It is very serious and I hope he gets better

11 Likes

Omg, speachless

9 Likes