Socal Rider seriously injured night before last

This is very sad me and him would have a long conversation about carvon drives, batteries and anything esk8 related, I looked up to you,RIP

I feel the same way as @Lobo . Rest in peace Derek.

1 Like

@Jess thank you for reaching out to us here on the forum. The sadness of this news is unimaginable. Derek was loved here and his memory will remain with all of us. Please let us know if there is any way that we can help.

7 Likes

My deepest condolences. Derek was a generous and amazing guy here.

I’m another one who never met him, I don’t think I ever even sent or received any posts from him. He was always there though, he had quite a presence about him on the forum. He always struck me as one of those guys who’ll befriend anyone within minutes. He had all these great ideas and wanted everyone to be as excited about this hobby as him.

We’re all going to miss you terribly Derek.

2 Likes

Rest In Peace Derek. You were a true friend.We always chatted about the next big improvement to your 4wd. This is a terrible day, condolences goes out to your family.

3 Likes

Very sad to wake up to this,

We will never forget all he gave and inovated for the community, but mainly for doing what he loved

My condolences to the family and friends

Holy shit.Woke up to this too…

Condolences to his family and friends. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Truly heartbreaking.

I am shocked and without words… I really enjoyed reading his contributions to this forum! I am noob and new to this forum, but really feel close to @BigBoyToys because his way to contribute was warm-hearted skillful and constructive. My condolences to his family and everyone who was close to him.

This is a terrible loss…I have no words.

This community is lesser without you @BigBoyToys you will be missed…

@Jess my condolences to you, and the whole family.

1 Like

Speechless…

If there’s any group rides this weekend, I suggest a “paddle out” and some silence for a fallen brother

2 Likes

R.I.P. man :sob:

Is there anyway to get his parents address to send a card or flowers?

R.I.P dude…unbelievable this happened to such a good person :cry:

1 Like

hey mate, check this http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/fundraising-for-derek-that-passed-away-on-his-electric-skateboard-miss-you-man/42176/20

Truly sad news. He was really contributing in this society. Rest in peace.

Goes to show you can never be to careful RIP Dude

Wow, this is horrible news. Was really hoping to hear he pulled through. He had some of the craziest powerful builds and was always happily giving out suggestions and comparisons for everyone else that couldn’t get them as fast as him. He’s given me a bunch of advice as well, even on my little setup. He’s even offered to help me out with parts if I paid shipping. Never took him up on the offer though.

Sorry for your loss and he will be greatly missed through this community. I remember when everyone was so excited about trying to get the new carvons and he had already been testing them on his board. He definitely threw himself into the innovation of this sport(?).

I never met him in person but he was so helpful to the esk8 community. He never acted like he was above anyone even though he always had the best stuff. He didn’t keep all the juicy exclusive info to himself, he happily shared his experiences to help everyone else with their future setups. He always joked about being a big guy. I remember someone asked how he had so many nice boards and he said it was because he had a good job and no kids lol. He seemed to have a fun life and played hard.

RIP @BigBoyToys

7 Likes

This is truly awful to hear.

@Jess my condolences to you and Derek’s family.