SOLIDEOGLORIA Modular Flex Enclosure [AU] -- SENDING FREE SAMPLES

@Hummie

For those wondering about material performance with carbon vs fibreglass vs carbon kevlar, or metals, watch these videos for a side-by-side comparison.

This video demonstrates the merits of carbon (4.5mm carbon plate - My samples are ~2mm) and metals like chromoly, mild steel, and alloy as a stiff structural material.

This video also demonstrates the merits of carbon (super thick 20-25mm or 1" plate) under compression, and it’s brittleness too. It crumbles into smithereens as anyone who’s crashed a carbon board will tell.

Fibreglass, kevlar, and foam core sandwiches are all good, depending on your goal and preference.

Though for me, what I find surprisingly is the performance of mild steel and alloy (comparable to carbon), which would be worth incorporating into a future design.

3 Likes

Mounting Hardware

You’ll get one set per module for FREE, with enough strip for the module.

Neoprene is fine, but this stuff is cushier, more flexible, and easier to apply. Just peel and stick. The screw holes also fit neatly into the v-channel.

DSC03490

DSC03492

DSC03502

DSC03495

DSC03493

DSC03508

DSC03509

What’s included?

• Low-profile weatherstrip (2mm thick) with adhesive backing for an invisible look
  • 4x weather resistant 304 stainless steel screws (M3, cross head)
  • 4x 304 stainless steel washers (M3)(optional)
  • 4x plastic washers (optional extra) used on motorcycle fairings to prevent cracking from vibration
  • 4x Helicoil threaded inserts (optional extra) for extra reinforcement in-deck. Drill and epoxy glued into the deck.

What’s not included?

• M3 drill bit
  • 1-2mm pilot hole drill bit

[As an optional upgrade: For $1-2 per insert you can upgrade to heavy duty stainless threaded inserts. These are commercial quality inserts with wider threads that screw super securely into the deck. They look amazing with a blind flush finish and will last almost forever. You then also have the choice to Loctite the screws in afterwards.]

InsertsInserts%20(Anzor)

Members and regulars, despite the arguments and insults that were said on both sides in this thread, we must remember that is is a sales thread: hence, if you have an issue with the price or the vendor, it is up to you to not buy the product. I’ve deleted all posts within the last 24 hours, take no offense if yours was on topic - it was simply easier to clean it all up at once. Please keep in mind that there will be buyers, and it is not fair to them or the vendor if a thread is crouded with off-topic messages or complaints about the price. Besides that, let’s keep this forum a positive place! If you have only negative things to say - move on and find a thread where it’s easy to compliment. Thanks!

19 Likes

So the samples that i recived Where really good quality material

Could you post some pics please?

I’m in mexico I get back to us this week

This topic will be opened upon additional admin review in a few days.

5 Likes

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

sorry mom

7 Likes

Wait why is this open again?

2 Likes

I am just happy to see the Ban on futuristic Armadillo enclosures lifted.

5 Likes