[SOLVED] VESC motor not being detected or turning red blinking light

Its set at 44V, but when I press Red Default Configuration it says the default was 42V

set it to 57 and leave it there. you can set ppm settings in ā€œapp config > ppmā€

@Jinra @Lizardking0069 @ikjahaa Thank you very much for your help. The set up now works.

2 Likes

The error in the end was the voltage being set too low

in the end, good thing you had the voltage set to low. It prevented the vesc from spinning the motor, if the motor would have spun and the phases were touching, no more vesc.

isolate those leads properly! :slight_smile:

Edit the name of this thread and add a ā€œSolvedā€ to it, so people can use it for future reference

2 Likes

I have been trying to program my VESC for multiple days now, following all of the steps in I AM DELUXEā€™S vesc optimization video. At first I just soldered the motor wires to vesc, but the BLDC tool kept on saying bad detection result received. How can I fix this, because I have absolutely no idea how to fix this.

What motor are you using? Make sure the motor is OK, check the sensor wires connection. If all that s okay, read and write ā€œdefault configurationā€ on all the tabs of BLDC tool, reboot VESC and retry. Also make sure you are using the right version of BLDC tool for that version of VESC. The same thing happened to me (I was using the Yuneec EGO motor with modified sensor wires) It kept saying bad detection results too. I figured out it was the motor after I tried a different one!

hello, I have a similar problem, I bought two new vesc with firmware 3.38. when I connected to my pc in BLDC tool, it showed a message saying that the firmware was too old. so I began to use VESC tool, I updated the firmware to 3.62 and I was trying to connect the motors clicking in wizard >setup motors FOC, but when I clicked on run detection the light red in the vesc blinked 3 times and appeared a window saying detection failed reason:-11 , so I went to the terminal and there appeared " fault: fault_code_drv", I tried this with and without the receiver conected to the vesc and it gives the same message, I donā€™t know if this information is matter but I clarify that when I conect the receiver with my vesc it always remains blinking , I tried to push ā€œbindā€ in the transmitter and turn on it and a red light remained in the receiver and a green blinking light appeared in the transmitter however I tried again the whole process and it didnā€™t work. so I have not been able to use the motors, I am not a professional, this is the first time I build a skate , I hope you can help me, thank you

I use two lipo bateries of 8Ah an 22.2 v, conected in serie and two motors sk3 6374 of 149 kv and one transmitter GT2B