[SOLVED]VESC Motor output power issues

I flashed the latest firmware last night, and I think that I did that properly, are there any drivers that I need to get to make everything run properly?

I am running a 6s lipo… so i think around 24 ish volts

OH!! Thats it then, your voltage cutoff start and end are wrong.

This. Put battery cutoffs below current working voltage. you can even use 0 for now

Your battery regen min might be too high. What is the C rating on your Lipos for charging. You are currently regen charging your batteries at over 2C

THANK YOU ALL!!! That just fixed it <3 peace

wait a min, you need to check your regen so you don’t blow your batteries up What is the max charge rate for your batteries. or what batteries do you have?

Sorry for the late reply, yesterday was my accounts first day so they limit the number of posts you can make. I am not sure what the max charge rate for the lipos are. Here is a link to the ones i bought…

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9184__Turnigy_5000mAh_3S_20C_Lipo_Pack.html

Thanks for all the great help!

Most lipos are only supposed to charge at up to 1c so you could charge it at 5 amps but 0.75c is better.

According to hobby king, the max charge rate for those batteries is 2C or 10amps So you can set your max battery regen at -10 or less.

1 Like

Okay will do, thanks for all the awesome help and such a great community!

How do you find the max charge rate? I have 2- 8000mah 30c 4s lipo. So 8amps? What would that be on batt regen?

It depends on the batteries. Usually batteries with a higher C rating for discharge will also have a higher C rating for charge. Look up the specs on your particular battery and they should include max charge rate. If you can’t find the specs, then charging at 1C is always a safe bet. So, 8ah x 1C= 8amp charge rate.

Thanks. Do you know what that would be for regen?

If your using zippy flight max the max charge rate is 5C 5Cx8ah=40a Or -40 on battery regen I would recommend setting it to -10 and trying that. If you want stronger brakes then adjust it from there

Thanks brother