Some Crazy China invention

You could buy a Nissan gtr and have 290k left over!! You would have to be fuckin insane or really rich to buy it just because it has more wheels! A range rover will go though or climb most things and price starts at 30k!

1 Like

Yeah it may be insanely expensive, but it does what it’s designed to do better than anything else. Saying you could buy a GTR and have 290k left over or that you can buy a range rover for 30k is like saying why buy a LHB board when you can buy a meepo and have 2k left over? Obviously the meepo does most of what the LHB board does but LHB does it better. The price is all perspective. We look at some super rich guy and say why would he spend 400k on that when he can get a range rover for 30k? And someone else looks at us and says why would we spend 3k on LHB when we can get meepo for $400? It all just depends on your perspective.

1 Like

Lol a range rover works perfectly well for what it was designed for too,most people want to get the most for there money! yeah the £370,000 mercedes has a lot of horse power and thats why it costs alot! but what’s the point in all that power in a vehicle that is designed mostly for offroad! It doesn’t make sense is my point! It is basically a super car but is a heavy off road beast! That corners shit at speed! Clarkson would have a fuckin field day with stupid idiots who design and price this shit!

You mean eSk8WD lol!

4 Likes

Yeah true but a lot more went into this car than just handling and horsepower. The fact that it has independently locking and unlocking differentials puts it a huge step ahead of anything that doesn’t. Having a locking differentials when offloading is a huge advantage in terms of avoiding getting stuck as well as hill climbing. And the fact that it has like 18" of ground clearance and an entire pneumatic system on board that can inflate and deflate tires. Also power is important when off-roading, especially in a vehicle this heavy with 6 tires. Realistically though, the merc has the same amount of power in a normal g-wagen, and 500 horsepower alone deffinetly does not qualify a car as a super car. The amount of power it has is not the main reason it costs so much.

So clearance and the tires inflate/deflate =370k lol ok…and Google if 500hp is a super car! Your find some for a decent price!

The whole car is worth 370k. If you look at from the perspective of all that’s included in the car, first off, nothing else on the market comes close to it, so that alone allows them to set the price pretty much wherever they want it, cause the people who want the best are going to buy it. Not trying to be condescending here, but it sounds like you’ve never been off-roading because you don’t seem to understand the importance of off roading features, and how much they cost to develop and make robust.

Secondly, 500 hp is Not a super car. The dodge hellcat has 700 and it sure isn’t a super car. Any ‘real’ super car costs over 150k. And you can’t compare this car to a 500k sports car. Its apples to oranges. The two are built for radically different purposes.

You clearly don’t think it’s worth the price but I doubt you were the target market. A lot of people do seem to think its worth it, however, as they’ve sold out and the used ones have appreciated in value.

It’s not so stupid if you wan’t to ride on really uneven terrain. Could be really useful in European cities with cobblestone on almost every major city of europe with really old pavement.

They sell them at Tao Bao.

Between eSk8WD and eSkr8WD margin is thin… I know the door :sunglasses:

But really, remember these beasts from the days ?

These were fucking insane. I see no reason not to try it out on a perf skateboard ! Why not try front rovers trucks and rear straight 2 wheels truck like those long distance longboards posted few days ago ?

Edit : Though what is the quality of these rovers ?

8 Likes

You know driving over cobbles isn’t that much of an issue right? You certainly don’t need to spend 370k to drive down cobble streets lol

I’ll just leave this nice super car here!

1 Like

@Vanarian what year were these from? And what category did they race in? Big f1 fan,have been for years,been to Monaco,silerstone etc just interested what engine size these were?

1 Like

Ok Found a set on eBay if anyone wants them. They are pretty cheap too

http://m.ebay.com.au/sch/sis.html?isRefine=true&_itemId=null&_nkw=Silver+Alloy+Tandem+Axle+Wheel+Kit+Set+Skateboard+Cruiser+Longboard+truck&_trksid=p2056116.m4100.l9146&_trksid=p2056116.m4100.l9146&_mwBanner=1

1 Like

I don’t really understand the point you’re trying to make with this.

I’m not going to keep derailing this man’s post because you dont understand something! I think you just want a knoledge war or some shit as you mention “twice” what iv been saying this whole time [quote=“pennyboard, post:19, topic:38750”] I will agree that the price is insane [/quote]

This was my only point I was trying to make…Im not going to keep repeating myself,if you still feel the need to talk why not pm me!

My point is, sure the price is insane. Over 50k for any car is insane. But that doesn’t make it a bad car. You kept saying/implying that because it costs so much, its stupid or a bad car. Just like any product, it can still be a great product, but overpriced.

I’m not doubting it’s technology! just the price point is so stupidly high it will become a car for rich people to showcase or to drive around and pose in defeating the reason it was created for in the first place,just my opinion,if people want an offroad car to abuse and throw around I think most will buy something alot cheaper that’s been proven to work already!

I live 40 minutes away from Monaco, if you come back for F1 hit me a message ! I think these were 3 liter V8, the Tyrrell ran in end 70’s and the March never got the chance but it does works savagely ! If only we could have mad F1s like old days with crazy power but add safety of today. Now that would be something else.

1 Like

Will do man,its a little pricey for good seats but worth every penny! I went just before the engine changes and they were twice as loud as they are now! Loved it,great experience,we hoped off the train and were walking through the tunnel and the sound was amazing! We stayed in sainte maxime.

I bet it did! In a racecar it means more grip at speed! F1 cars back in the day had pure power and the sound to go with it! Plenty of torque in the modern day f1 cars now though,with a combination of the engine and kers “kinetic energy recovery system” and the amount of down force they produce is insane,research in aerodynamics has come a long way.

1 Like