Space Cell PRO 3 Screen help

When you turn your battery on and “L3” shows and stays => The button on the back of the display is being pressed by the bms wich is glued on top of the display. This starts the display in configuration mode everytime you turn on your battery.

Is your battery mounted to your board already? (the battery could be under some stress, wich causes the button to stay pressed)

You could lift off the bms from the battery, then turn the battery on while having the button on the backside of the lcd pressed (white small smd button), then press the button a few times till “L10” shows on the display, then turn battery off and on again without pressing the button. After this, you could desolder the button to prevent it from being pressed again.

Ah, ok. I’ll check it out. A bit annoyed with @onloop that he’d sell such a buggy expensive piece : / But I’m sure he’s doing his best

@onloop Will I void warranty if I try to fix the BMS myself?

I had the same problem and found that if i firmly press hard right above the top left side of the meter reading it will press the button. Clearly something is pressing on it and needs to be fixed. @onloop , this is something worth looking into

try not to attach the case too firmly to the deck, it is meant to be “hanging” from it.

However, i will look at relocating the parts to ensure the minute deck flex doesn’t put pressure onto these parts.

thanks for the feedback

1 Like

Quick question, My board keeps starting up on l3 mode. Ive loosened the case substantially and press the button to cycle up to L 10 but each time when i turn the board on it turns back on to L3. Do you know why this is? I’ve ridden the board for about 6 miles so far and havent noticed any difference in speed or power when it says its on the L 3 mode

Sounds like the button is still pressed on start-up of the board. If it’s not pressed on startup, it should show L10 for a second, then switch to the percentage display. I’d still recommend to desolder the button on the back of the LCD, but first I’d ask for onloops permission.

The voltage meter only acts as a charge indicator, it doesn’t do anything else other than showing how full your battery is. Even if it’s broken, your battery would work fine.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice @phillipp . I’ll look into it when I get a chance

Mine was held on by just a piece of tape and a little by the foam padding on top. So it was pretty simple to move it. It only needs to be moved about a cm to be away from the button.

For mine, it pressed the button when I placed the board on the deck, before I screwed it on. Probably had a wire or something that happened to be right over the button. Once I figured it out, it literally took 10 seconds to fix the issue.

1 Like

I think I successfully fixed mine. I lifted the bms module and clicked on the white button until L 9. Then pressed it and held it and turned it off while the button was held (it turned to L 10 and then you turn it off) I haven’t mounted it back yet, I just need to make some adjustments there before I can do that.

HOWEVER, at some point the power adapter got fried or something. I no longer see a light on the adapter. And when I tried to connect to the battery, it sparked at the power connector. @onloop Can I still use the battery or did I mess something up there? When I try to turn the battery on, I see 0%(I definitely used up all the juice) with no backlight (after seeing L 10 for a second). Do I need a new power adapter?

@Mrmoonlight Just noticed mine had the same problem. Thanks for the advice

@roonydagoony My charger also occasionally sparks when connecting to the port. I have found that if you turn the battery off and wait a few seconds before you connect the plug, it tends to avoid that issue.

@Mrmoonlight If you connect your charger only to the wall, not the battery…does the adapter LED turn on? If so, mine’s screwed. If not, does it light up when you connect it to the battery? If so, does it charge? If not, does it charge?

Thanks

I just noticed that the PRO 3 is different than the original Space Cell (30A). I think the original’s LCD was always on while charging. And now the PRO 3 when the power button is switched off, it won’t show it and only can tell if it’s fully charged from the LED of adapter.

Plug the power supply in and the light is green. Plug it into the battery and it turns red.

Damn, so I definitely busted the adapter :disappointed:

@carl.1 can you give a hand here ? the silence is unbearable :no_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks for all the help guys. @carl.1 reached out to me. I’m gonna send it down to Damon

Hopefully it works out!

Hi Guys. I had the same problem as most of you so I decided to make a video of how to fix this problem. Have fun riding with an awesome battery :slight_smile: Space Cell Pro screen Fix

2 Likes