I know some have been experiencing some issues with the BMS pushing a button on the back of the display. So I figured that I solved my issue by moving my BMS so it was no longer over the button. Issue is that when I moved it (just enough to clear the button by a few mm), I also secured it with Velcro and it was now at an angle where one small point was slightly higher than the rest. On top of that, I have a sheet of 1/8" foam padding over the electronic section to protect it from the board. All together the velcro+padding added a bit too much to the height and the extra added pressure ended up attributing to a premature crack on my space cell enclosure at that point after a bit of riding.
Since it’s a Space Cell 3, there’s plenty of extra space in there. So I moved the battery pack back and moved the BMS off the top of the display. I flipped it so that the chips sit in one of the valleys so there would be more clearance. I had to extend a couple wires and I didn’t have all the same colors, so you may notice that a few of them are different. This solved the button pressing issue, no more pressure on my enclosure, and now I have a ton more space.
So if your board is like mine with a concave that results in less clearance through the center of your enclosure, this could help relieve some of that while giving you a lot more space for a second VESC, Heatsinks, or an external USB port.