Speed wobble hack for Chinese spring trucks

Check out our video to see what we Jerry rigged to eliminate speed wobble at a low cost.

2 Likes

That is one hell of a sexy man on a sexy board

Dude I got speed wobble at 37 mph with the eggs in from the mountain board shop online had um pretty tight n this happened

How r those trampa dampas working

1 Like

Dang that sucks my guy. I have the dampas and they’re pretty good. Going over 40mph on them and only suffered minor wobbles. That’s only because of how I stand, but I haven’t gotten bad wobbles.

U kno anything bout hooking up remotes my vx2 won’t pair with my 4.20 vesc I tried bunch of shit and can’t get it

Are you plugging it via Uart or PWM?

VX2 are UART remotes so you will need to plug it to UART and set remote settings to PWM and UART in the vesc tools.

If its pwm, it should be a bit simpler but I use a hoyt.

Uart and I tried that it’s not working

Had it working fine with my vesc 6.6 but I had to replace the vesc and receiver sk now I have the 420 and suposably the 420 receiver but no pairing it’s starting to puss me off I went and bought a van pro with receiver n it works but I like the led screen n the speed telemetry

Ah. It’s probably flipped on the wiring. That was an issue before.

I even tried that changin the rx n rx wires still nothing light blinks blue but won’t go solid to pair

I’m the only person in my town with an electric skateboard so I have nobody to ask questions about it if u could help me out with the vesc tool and my remote that would b awesome cuz I’m using a van pro rc car like remote and I’m not liking it any help would b much appreciated

Now the VeSC tool is not picking up my other side of my VeSC like I seriously need some help I’m ready to throw all this shit in the trash can

Sounds like you have a lot of trouble. So I’ll ask a few questions. I’m rarely on here so I’ll try my best.

What is your esc? would be my first question, then the next would be how you have it connected?

These should help me gather some info to help out.

Edit: I just saw the esc. And I read that one of the USB plugs fell off. Is your vesc tool set up under canbus? It looks like a very old esc from flipsky.

For example, when you set it up, it would ask you either single side or under canbus. But as far as I know, flipsky has an issue where it will blow the canbus and cause it to no longer work. It’s really retarded.

And one more thing, when you say only one side works, is it the one with the USB plugged in?

I just bought it a month ago and yes it’s the older version the 420 fsesc and I think this is exactly wat happen I’m jus gonna return the damn thing and buy another. Foc box or zenith I have a bunch of shit I’m willing to trade for an esc if u kno of any I have batteries parts a complete board for sale scooters soon ima jus get rid of it all lol starting to get really frustrated with this bullshit yano

And yes it’s the side with usb plugged in

Yeah that’s what I figured. I’d just go with a different esc. Don’t get flipsky. Stick with something better. It’ll save you so much issues later on. And I understand completely. I had a headache with my Makerx retro until I figured it all out. Then I went with the DV6.

Its still kicking to this day. I brought the dv6 a week after the release.

I have same trucks as U wat do u do for speed wobble

Are they springs or barrels? If springs, get yourself barrels and then practice standing in front of your board and put most of your weight on it. If you feel some wobbles coming, do not speed up and do not slow down rapidly. Stabilize yourself until you’re used to the speed you’re going by waiting to lean back for braking in case it gets too fast, and then keep it going until you can stable yourself towards your max out speed. I manage to go 41mph without any casualties. I even had some fun races against bikes that can go 35.

Note, I do not use a strap.

Yeah I’ve learned all this already I do have the springs I put eggs in the springs but I still got a speed wobble at like 37 miles an hour and that’s how I broke my hands and all that with the pictures you seen above

I’ve tried ordering the barrels 3 times from Trampa and my debit card won’t let me order shit from out of country I don’t know why