Spray On Foam/Rubber/Neoprene/Dampening

Does anyone know of any product like this?

I’m looking for a 1 - 1.5mm layer of cushioning on flat or curved surfaces, preferably spray on but paint/brush on will be fine too…

I’ve been googling it for a few hours but can’t seem to find anything :confused:

Cheers :+1:

Flex seal spray perhaps? What are you using it for?

1 Like

I want to line the inside of enclosures with it for cushioning/dampening.

I could use neoprene sheet but I was looking for a more elegant solution.

I’m being lazy! You don’t happen to have a link to this flex seal at all do you? :confused:

Don’t use flex seal, it’s not good.

You can get polyurethane conformal coating and apply 5 to 20 coats to achieve that. It’ll take a while but I think it will be exactly what you want.

1 Like

I see. Sry no link. Just remembered it from a tv commercial. Never used it personally. But I bet you can find it on ebay.

If the sealing is not to big. I can 3d print you one with ninja flex fillament

I’m not sure you can 3d print what I’m after as it’ll need to go inside various enclosures of different shapes, but thanks for the offer :+1:

@b264 thanks mate, I’ll look it up :+1:

Any other suggestions greatly received :wink:


how about window dampening foam. There should be couple of products which are only expanding by a factor of 2 and are solid temperature wise.

1 Like

Thanks mate, I’ll look it up…

What do you think of this?

looks like this is a mat with additional spray to use in difficult places. Maybe worth a try!

look for something that is used commercially for noise dampening and then you will also be able to find something that will have fire retardant qualities.

talked about this the other day in this thread:

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah the more I’m looking, the more I’m noticing it should be something like sound deadening.

1 Like

You could use silicone sheet gasket material, it comes in various thicknesses… Prolly can manage to cut it and fold it around the inside corners. Adhere it with black RTV silicone sealant and use the rtv to pretty up the corners and anything not easily covered with tsheet.

Then go over the whole lot with spray on or brush on bed liner.

I used plastic dip on mine

Do you have a picture of it, where you can see how it looks sprayed?

Why not just use window sealing gaskets? https://www.google.hr/search?q=window+gasket+foam&client=firefox-b-ab&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSgYf5w5bZAhXHDCwKHf6KChkQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=943

Because I want the whole of the inside to be covered in a rubbery neoprene-y soft, sound and vibration deadening material… and look good… :wink:


These were the guys when I was sound proofing my van. They did a thin,(1-2mm) self adhesive rubber sheet that was used in dampening vibrations from car body panels. I phoned them up and they were very knowledgeable and helpful. They even sent out the product before I paid for it. It’s extremely sticky and follows shapes well.

1 Like

The sound does not come from inside the enclosure.

Of course it does if your stuff is rattling around inside :wink:

1 Like