Star Platina/12s4p/Avenue RKP + Hobbyking mount build; in progress

So I finished second set as well. gearing and belt is really tricky. there is not much room for selection. 36 15t with 275mm is maximum for 36 12t u get barely 265mm even this u can only use 6355 motors. with idler u can use longer length but finding exact numbers on this set up is not worth it.

interms of ride quality, u need to tight the truck. again the truck is massively turny, I wouldn’t say has speed wable as the spring neutralize it, but default bushing leans way too fast and sensitive

2 Likes

you need to replace that lightblue bushing, not sure if this is a real bushing or just a placeholder

Yeah, I know. my favorite bushing shop is far from home so for now I tighten it really good. usable for now but it will probably be destroyed soon lol. the bushing is not bad quality but it is really soft like 85a ish i think.

1 Like

after extensive use of first set, the pivot cut wears out really quick because it is basically same size of indy truck size on heavy longboard i think. I see like 1-2mm slop in there u can move it by hand. I’m looking for replacement from riptide and venom will update it once i get them here. meanwhile here is making film and riding

2 Likes

And what is your opinion of riding some real suspension trucks on an eskate eh??

1 Like

awesome~ it’s the best!

1 Like

So I’m planning massive upgrade to the board. I just can’t go away from avenue truck apprently it is just too good.

first thing is changing gear ratio from 36:15 to 36:16 which comfortably give me 70kph.

then the new motor

This motor is thicker and heavier but has sensor on it. I heard good thing about these so wanted to try out. but I might have to take out the front mount and re-adjust @squishy654 do you have spare that I can buy from u?

also srry @squishy654 that i didn’t buy sk8, it just too big to use and torque was on sale.

3rd there will be new battery 12s4p comming soon.

4th proper enclosure.

Extra: got new pivot cup so much better, this one is must have upgrade. it gives u complete control

1 Like

You need a mount? HK mount?

And what pivot cup are you using?

Hk yeah I want to have as spare in case thing didn’t go as plan, then maybe you can shoot me with express shipping. but not like right now.

the pivot i just got from local shop. I just asked for indy and nice shiny PU. I was going to buy like riptide but it seems do just fine.

because torqboard motor is thicker than sk3 i had to remove the mount and re adjust. despite the mount is held with press and friction it didn’t even budged

And @torqueboards why do you not include grub screw…[

I had to cut down so that it dose not interfere with belt.

that being said the motor is very high quality. keyway is very handy and mounting hole is also solid.

and because this motor is shorter than sk3 it is fisible to put 2 motors at one truck. it exactly land at half of the truck when mounted. with 12mm belt. 15mm is maybe…

that being said, it would be hard and tidious to do so. I wouldn’t recommend

2 Likes

20180620_201255got my bigben enclosure for 12s4p. I’m ganna go get a sturdy deck tmr, I feel like it won’t be very good for this enclosure to any flex. It is hard as rock.

1 Like

So I named my board to Star Platina. Named after the JOJO Adventure. Im going to swap the deck to CometIMG_20180621_230004_707 with 12s4p battery which @landonkun is building for me will stay in Bigben’s fiber glass tray. 20180626_192339 I used car door seal to seal the water and dirt off. it was only $10 for 6m. but the smell is horriblly bad tho 20180626_192857 Also using screw insert. this is carbon steel so will not strip or break unlike zinc insert I hate those. also colored washer,

I have both grey and purple not sure which to use tho.

And for @torqueboards I like your 6355 motor I prob buy more but the grub screw that hold the axle and the can didnt have any loctite that it started to loose and making a sound. I thought I broke the bearing. Do I have bad batch or is it suppose to be? I just wants you to note this. I ordered 12.5 grade grub screw to replace because the original one is already grinded a bit by the axle.

1 Like