Stealthboard~6s 5000Mah~149Kv SK3~Custom Deck~Torqueboards Mount/Wheels

hey! thats my diagram :slight_smile:

Yup! It’s a good diagram.

1 Like

Took the board for a 3 mile ride today, got home and plugged the cells into the charger. It was telling me that each of them was at 3.94, (x 6 = 23.64) but overall it’s supposed to be 22.2. This means that in theory it has an incredible range. Is something wrong? Do the batteries have more voltage than advertised? Originally I was told 10000 mah in 6s would mean 6 miles of range.

I think its more

Riding very casual, with pretty flattish terrain, I get 8miles on my 6S 8000mah board

6s 10000mah 6mile range?

Should be 10-12 at least on flats at a pretty good pace

Alrighty, sounds great! I just thought by my calculations vs results it might be too good to be true😂

I like to say 1mil for every 1000 mah at full charge to keep it conservative…I assume I’m gonna ride like a bat out of hell…

This should keep you from kicking it home

I decided to make a simple instructable based on this ebuild, other ebuilds, and a deck that I made out of spare floorboards in the past. It got featured overnight, I’m actually really excited about that considering it’s my first instructable. Here’s the link if anybody is interested: http://m.instructables.com/id/DIY-Electric-Skateboard-Extremely-Simple/

22.2 is the nominal voltage for the pack but can be 25.2v - 20v depending on charge level.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind

All was going well. I was happy. Got home from a long wedding and really wanted a ride. Then, I go to plug my batteries into the reader to make sure I have a charge, and they started smoking. I unplugged them immediately, and then plugged in individually. One is perfectly fine, the other now has a dead cell. I think it was the connector to read the cell count, but I don’t know why it would be having problems now where it wasn’t before. I know that people say to cut a certain wire, but I didn’t do that and it worked fine before. It must have been the connector that killed the cell, but I still don’t understand why. Does anybody know how that whole thing works and why we have to cut the wire?

You can think of charging your battery as a single 6s battery. This means a positive, a negative and 5 in between balances. You need to cut that wire so that you don’t have extra current running to the cells which had two balances connected to it in your case.

At least I think that’s what’s going on. I’m still really new to this but I have been reading a lot on batteries the past few days.

Also I’m pretty sure you are running 5000mah if you are using 2 zippy 3s 5000mah lipos in series. Mah only increases when you wire your batteries in parallel.

guys where i can buy a motor? in all sites are out of stock… :frowning :frowning:

thanks from spain

I think a few of the Hobbyking SK3’s (63mm) are still in stock. If not that, I’m sure enertion has a bunch. Just google the website it’s not hard to find

22.2V x 5000Mah = 111Wh 11.1V x 10000Mah = 111Wh I’m not so sure about that… It seems to stay the same either way.

but hobbyking only has stock for USA… im from spain… i took 1 month searching one similar but i can’t find nothing…

Ok but Enertion still ships internationally. Their motors are more expensive, but from what I’ve seen theyre also more reliable

http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/190kv-electric-skateboard-motor/

103$ its very expensive for me…