Stress testing board before riding

Been thinking about this a bit… would be nice to be able to test the board before riding to find if any parts like motor or switch or something are defective to prevent any unwanted face planting. Maybe running the board on a treadmill or dyno which can simulate high loads but I have neither. Any other way? Maybe use another board’s powered wheel’s brakes to simulate load? That would require a gig to hold it in place though

im pretty sure enertion did a video of this a while back with 2 trucks and wheels upside down bolted on a piece of wood. they then put the wheels between em and stood on the board and accelerated and decelerated

How about the way Metroboard does it. I’ve often wondered if we should have a few sets of “flywheels” we could pass around between builders for that extra stress-test – ESPECIALLY top-speed braking or over-speed braking

2 Likes

Take the board and bash it wheels first against a wall for half an hour…:sunglasses:

4 Likes

A+  

3 Likes

Just watched that vid and the thought of that weight flying off and cleaning him up…

1 Like

Wasn’t there some crazy dude who lowered his car onto his esk8 to simulate load? Sure I read that recently.

1 Like

Yep, I think it was mad man @Deckoz

2 Likes

Of course it was.

It’s becoming a meme at this point :rofl:

1 Like

Lol. Aye that was me bench testing 13s with load because I didn’t wanna street face.

3 Likes

Ok I made something like what Jason made in that video and instead replaced one truck with power so I can stress test the board by braking the other one. image image

Found out one of the motor is defective

1 Like