Stronger replacement for tb218

Hey all, I’ve just noticed that my rear wheels are starting to splay out, I’m guessing the axles are starting to bend on my tb218s. :worried:. It’s a shame, they have been great till now but they obviously aren’t strong enough for how I’m riding the board. I’m only 80kg with all my gear on so it must be the all terrain riding that’s killing them.

I need an economical replacement option. I don’t think I can go to 10mm axels with these wheels and I can’t afford any extra parts. I can machine the motor mounts to fit whatever so they should be ok.

I can’t figure out which options I should choose in surfrodz to get the same width etc. The other option I was considering is @riverside.rider trucks… are they stronger? And what’s the width work out like?

Here’s my current setup… you can’t see the bend due to the camera distortion.

Why can’t you?

Surfrodz are 10mm Haggy are quite a bit wider than tb218

1 Like

I couldn’t find bearings with a 10mm id that fit. I guess I could machine the wheels…

Might help a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

10x22x6 Rubber Sealed Ball Bearings 6900-2RS (10 Units) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LN4ADAE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_KxpDCbVBWVTVS

1 Like

@torqueboards Is making a new batch with 30-40% stronger axles. So you might just wait for the new batch… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The bearings in the wheel are 8 x 24 x 8mm not standard size… so I’d need 10 x 24 x 8’s

Mr2410-2rs those fit i have them on my build but i dont have pics sorry the 7mm width does not affect performance

1 Like

If u order 4 they come to $6.68usd each free shipping

So surfrodz are doable… cool.

2 Likes

Yes ive used the bearings on trampa spring trucks and those cheap chinese spring trucks too and they work fine

1 Like

Just gotta decide on tkp or rkp

2 Likes

Most of what I’m up to is sub 30mph and I love to carve so I’m guessing tkp?

1 Like

That’s what I’d go with. I love both, but if you’re not shooting for high speed and would rather carve tkp is the right choice.

If I could get torqueboards in the next week or two I’d do it but I can’t be boardless for a month!!

1 Like

@Boardnamics is currently working on mounts for tkp too. Just be sure to get the hex hanger. You can buy thier axles but I’ve found it cheaper to buy shoulder bolts from other sources. @mmaner has a great surfrodz write up on here.

2 Likes

Maybe Put the front truck in the rear and buy a single extra wide longboard truck for the front to get you by? I think @dickyho has some wide trucks he sells for his pneumatic kits. Maybe you can buy a front truck from him.

1 Like

Is this the right tkp @Skunk ?

https://www.sickboards.nl/en/precision-trucks/4787-surf-rodz-tkp-hex-10mm-177-truck-kit-set-of-2.html?search_query=Surfrodz+tkp&results=6

I have some unused e-caliber trucks I could sell you… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably not wide as hes looking for. Just send them to me

2 Likes