Strongest trucks out there

Just a thought. Trick skaters imagine put a ton more stress on their axles than esk8 and they have 8mm axles. I think material (note: not grade of material) is less important than quality or even size.

2 Likes

They also go through trucks like crazy. I donā€™t remember anyone in my teen years having trucks longer than a year. Heck, I donā€™t remember anyone having a single component more than a year!

I would always wear my wheels out, my one friend destroyed trucks grinding on them all the time, and the other couldnā€™t go a few months without needing a new deck cause the kicktail was gone! Man, those were some fun days! I always preferred roller blades back then though

1 Like

did the axle snap on those?

Nope. Maybe. I donā€™t remember ever seeing an axle snap. Bunch of bent ones and literally worn out hangars

Look at the surfrodz precision trucks that @psychotiller sells . Iā€™ve only ridden them for an hour but they are the most stable at high speeds Iā€™ve ever ridden. With 80mm axles they are hella wide too. I was carving like a beast and they were incredibly predictable.

2 Likes

Thanks Mike, They arenā€™t a solid axle though. That is one of his needs.

1 Like

Ahhh, I missed that.

I bet theyā€™re a lot stronger than those beefcake trucks though!!!

Have you seen any failures?? Iā€™ll keep them in mind for now.

Maybe try google. I havenā€™t seen or read about any failures with surfrodz. Ima get all googly now. Iā€™m googling stretchy belts, Sasquatch and broken surfrodz tonight

2 Likes
1 Like

Iā€™ve never left a set of truck as loose, bushing wise, as i have these. Mondo carvy and stable at the same time, Iā€™m really impressed with them.

Had to threaten my kid with a beating, he wanted them as soon as I walked in the house :grinning:.

Venture

/thread

Oh and btw, this is not for a mountainboardā€¦

Arsenal Cast trucks are extremely strong and come in 165mm and 180mm. 50 and 44 degree base plates are available, i suggest a 50 degree front and a 44 degree rear. The trucks take "Tall " bushings (around .75 tall)

https://arsenaltrucks.com/collections/arsenal-cast-trucks

2 Likes

the 180s work with a esk8 build? doing a jet spud freestyle board

@Alphamail I know this is an old post, but do you have any experiences with tall bushings on esk8 setups? Like the arsenal trucks you mentioned here, if I understand correctly you were involved in the design of those trucks? How will it handle sudden acceleration and braking forces from the motors etc. Any reason not to go for tall bushings in a esk8 setup? From what I can tell, the arsenal trucks looks like fun, carvy yet stable.

1 Like

We were involved in some of the design aspects of the Precision Arsenals, not the cast as we would have done some things about them differently like duplicating the shallower bushing seat on both sides in place of a deep roadside and shallow boardside. If you are a heavy rider, tall bushings require you to run a harder bushing and as bushing hardness goes up, rebound goes down so you can lose some of the properties you like about standard .6" tall bushings.

1 Like