Subsonic "Spirit," deserves electricity

Subsonic has been working hard to intagrate an electric line with leading edge components.
https://www.subsonicskateboards.com/collections/factory-decks-completes/products/spirit-30-slalom-longboard-deck

6 Likes

That is a nice deck! That your creation is it? Or do you just like the logo? If it is your firm then don’t do what bloody riptide did please. Do indeed use high end components and not cheap chinese diy stuff. Good serious platforms are the way forward in the industry right now by all accounts.

2 Likes

Im working with Subsonic helping to integrate electricity. The Spirit will be the short commuter. First thing they told me. They will not cut cost for quality.

3 Likes

Then my advice would be to post the plans and intentions and get some decent feedback. There are other vendors on here but they are all too heavily invested in their own stuff to worry you. This place is the heart and soul of the esk8 community and as such welcome vendors with a dream if they adhere to the rules and give back as you well know having been a member since 2016. I for one would love a pre-built option that is up to par.

4 Likes

Dude I’ve been searching that deck for days 2 months ago (forgot the name of this hybrid)!

So Subsonic wants to make their own electric board or a deck able to accommodate DIY Components?

1 Like

Damnn I emailed them like a month ago about this exact idea with the spirit and everything and Paul never got back to me :joy: I’m guessing he liked the idea though. I thought the spirit was the perfect little commuter to go with my talon, and I wanted to know if he could integrate one of alan’s enclosures kinda like thisimage image

3 Likes

It will happen. I have topics ready to post but I think they want everything ready to launch. I can talk about it here though. Prebuilds and custom with esk8 component pieces boasting and marketing this community. Pre wired decks. custom lids.
I so agree!! Subsonic Skateboards are the perfect foundation. The Century 40 being a push cruiser the shape is more flat and makes it feel like you can ride forever. oh my, the Talon is stiff with gripping curves and on a 12s3 25q 60amp with 2 focbox controlling, it is absolutely crazy fun. I’ve used it hard on Seattle’s hills for months and with using the cheap remotes is been so reliable. First round going for 10s4 60amp or 12s3 30q 45amp 2 flipsky6’s. Love the feedback.

3 Likes

Exciting stuff then to be sure. A good solid platform is something we all love. So many diy builders have at least one pre-built in their collection as a stand by when their own stuff shits itself. Be great to have a quality option using the gear we all know and understand. Oh and can adjust to suit too. It all starts with the deck though trust me. A wise man once said to me every deck you buy no matter the cost will cost you 2000 dollars and he was not wrong. What a great project to be involved in

2 Likes

Both. Pre Built, custom, or pre wired blanks

4 Likes

Don’t know about you but that is bloody awesome :point_up_2:

2 Likes

He should be talking to alan definitely and lhb and psycho for the flipsky stuff theres a few being tested right now. Is that whitpony’s spud build? I loved that build thread.

1 Like

Yeah his board looked so sleek, and I had been eyeing the spirit for a while and thought it would look perfect with a super low profile enclosure

1 Like

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LCQgDXohCVYFicMBA20180720_154854

5 Likes

IMG_1021 Think we may be on the same page sir lol

4 Likes

I’m currently using the Subsonic Spirit with the Arcboards V2 fusion gear drive on it. I love the deck, and will definitely be interested to see what you guys can come up with.

1 Like

Any updates or more specific announcements?

@adman I want to make a carbon sandwich holow foam core spirit with a cut outs for batterys can we do this.

1 Like

I’ll look into it

Thankyou very much @adman I was on line last night trying to make a sandwich foam core spirit and I couldn’t proceed to check out they want colours and designs to chose from to fancy I want nothing of that it just gets covered up by the enclosure and grip tape …I don’t want no stain or wood showing. I want as light as it can possible be all carbon fiber and bit of wood or glass and full of foam a clear coat maybe coloured clear on the carbon…like a black cherry…is there different carbon patterns maybe we can pick from…like a honey comb or coloured fiber running threw it. I’m light at 140 to 150 max I bounce weight alot so the board doesn’t need to be thick im light and I want to make it as light as possible maybe just some recessed pockets for goodies…or as thick as a 18650 30 q max and a one layer cover like the ollin board then we can pick colors and designs. But like I said before it’s covered …I want it as light as possible I want to build a commuter with like a 10s2p or 3p max. It olny gonna be a single drive and I want the enclosure to be super slim or built into the board…I’d even take a nice big ol hole in the middle just built strong with a wooden lid and then I’ll send that to Eboosted to build something slim with a access lid for a nice lil swapable lipo set up. Thanks again and cheers…

1 Like

Sounds like they can. Contact Paul at [email protected]

1 Like