Subsonic Talon | Carvon XL | 12s4p 30Q

Well after 4 months of collecting parts, I finally finished my dream board. Thanks to everyone who helped me out along the way, especially @Eboosted , @barajabali, @rey8801 , and a bunch of others. Without a little guidance along the way this thing would’ve never gotten finished. image image image image image Details on the parts Deck Subsonic talon - I was looking for a stable drop down like the evo and went with the talon because of all the customization options subsonic offers on all their decks. This one has a is maple sandwiched between a layer of black fiberglass and black carbon fiber, with a foam core in the center to make this heavy ass board as light as possible. Motors Carvon speeddrive xl- these suckers are fast that’s all I can say. Tested on a few moderate hills and they had no problem flying up them either. battery 12s4p Samsung 30q flat pack built by Chiboards Enclosure Eboosted subsonic talon- saw that there was some interest for Alan to make an enclosure for the talon so I knew I needed to make that happen. Man was it worth it, this enclosure looks perfect on the deck and it’s rock solid too. He was even nice enough to install my heatsink I got from @Kug3lis a while back. Front truck Surfrodz 200mm rkp- 45° baseplate and with the 70mm axles from their site it matches the width of the carvons almost perfectly vescs Dual focbox’s - connected by canbus. I’m running foc with 50a motor min/max battery max 40a. Definitely quick with strong brakes but I haven’t opened her up enough to get a top speed. wheels Abec refly 97mm - wasn’t feeling the green cores too much so i plastidipped them black. Don’t know how long that’ll last though, probably going to have to figure out a more permanent solution. remote Exertion nano x- love the feel of the tiny thumb throttle. Acceleration was very smooth but the brakes were a little jerky. Any ideas on how to fiddle with the settings to get smoother braking? extras Metr pro Riptide tunnel risers- they look so clean mounted with the woven wire guard but definitely required some extenders to reach the vescsimage image That’s about it I think, let me know what you guys think. Can’t wait to take this thing around Boston and to get started on a little more portable build because this things about 20lbs.

31 Likes

looks good, pretty damn nice for a first build. my first one was a dumpster fire.

how’s the braking with the XLs? and do the motors get hot?

3 Likes

:rofl: Same tho, I don’t tell anyone about that one :rofl:

2 Likes

41598440_2151440195097892_8251734921465375688_n

We have almost the same build. Im still building the battery pack for mine and I went with 107’s.

3 Likes

Congrats man! Really really nice. Did you paint the Carvon to cover the silver part? Please post some metr data. Really nice board, enjoy!

1 Like

Wow appreciate it! First impression with the brakes is they are definitely strong enough to make me feel comfortable cruising at 30mph, almost too strong haha. I don’t know if it’s the smaller pulsewidth of the nano x or my brake settings but I definitely have to be very gentle on the brakes when I’m going quick. Didn’t ride the board too long because I have an exam in the morning but the motors never felt hot even after I was going in the 20’s uphill

1 Like

It’s actually an old slick wraps sheet I had lying around that I cut to wrap around the adapters. It’s supposed to be pretty durable but if it gets torn up too quick I’ll just end up painting them, thanks again for all the little miscellaneous parts and the advice! @Jreamer really excited for you to get your board up and running, the XL’s are just an experience and on the talon I felt so locked in I didn’t even mind flying past traffic

2 Likes

Sweet build man, I bet you love those Carvon XL’s!

1 Like

That’s really a pretty build man, congrats!

How does it feel at high speed?

2 Likes

beautiful work @kylem21 @Jreamer @Eboosted !

1 Like

Nice little stealth bomber that one! Awesome stuff and very professional too. Thats what an @Eboosted enclosure does for a build. Makes it look production.

1 Like

Where did you get these black bolts for mounting enclosure ? Any links you could share ?

This almost makes me regret giving up my XL preorder… almost. Awesome job man! I am jelly!

1 Like

all thanks to you, couldn’t be happier with this enclosure! It feels a million times better than the the boosted board I used to have. I only took it to about 25mph today, and the surfrodz are so carvy but I never felt wobbly. The rigid drop down feels like my feet are practically attached to the board, especially compared to the boosted. @NAF I actually got the bolts, countersunk washers, and the inserts from @rey8801 , definitley pm him he has all your miscellaneous parts needs

1 Like

Dam… I’ve been thinking of doing a build pretty much identical to this but swap the motors/battery for the Raptor 2 motors and battery since I just got my R2 in the mail last week finally. But haven’t even rode it yet since I broke my collar bone the fucking night before due to my DIY set up cutting out at end up my ride going up hill full speed. FML. Rant.

Super sick build and very clean, prolly one of the best first builds i’ve seen. Props and have fun. Wear a helmet! Saved me the other night… not my collar bone though.

1 Like

Nice! Good job

1 Like

thats tough bro, heal up quick. When you’re back to speed I say definitely pull the trigger on the talon. Beautiful deck I’d love to see more builds using it!

1 Like

image image image

Added a kayak handle which makes carrying this thing around 1000x easier, also took off the plasti dip on the cores, the green looks waay better I don’t know what I was thinking before :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Wow, amazing build! I just found my next board. It’s always n+1 isn’t it…

1 Like

Have you you ridden it at 35+ mph? I wonder how stable this board is at speed (vs an Evo perhaps)