Super glue for finger cuts?

Here is an article about the toxicity of " superglue" https://www.researchgate.net/publication/8577776_Toxicity_of_Cyanoacrylate_Adhesives_and_Their_Occupational_Impacts_for_Dental_Staff

Why would you use stuff that may glue the cut together inflexible !!! because its polymerization makes it stiff and brittle - our skin is flexible and at the same time chemical reaction slows down healing ? Why not using ducktape !!! lol just kidding. I have really good experience with Butterfly strips ( Buterfly wound closure, steri strips) , its waterproof, flexible and sticks like crazy. As a silly mountain biker - i have lots experience - they work . ( even in cases you need stitches , they bring you home safe, or to the next doc )

There is flexible CA though.

Correct! It’s an osbourn cpm-m4 steel. Holds an edge for months, but gotta keep it oiled to keep it from rusting.

1 Like

Here is mine I got about 8 years ago don’t remember the steel tho. I love it a lot, my favorite folding so far. image

3 Likes

Yo have you guys tried these healing crystals?

2 Likes

Ooh shit Pat are you a knifenut?

This one kicked all the others out of my pocket! At least for now…

IMG_20181207_172213

3 Likes

I like that straight blade!! I’m a tool nut in general, and knives are the hardest tool to do without imo. Heard great things about those spiders! I also have a nice Kershaw as well as the Osbourne. Having a good pocket knife is a necessity for me, I just feel naked without it. I like to be able to shave with them.

1 Like

I love my benchmades. Been carrying the 940 nonstop for the past year and the griptillian for who knows how long haha image

2 Likes

Knives led to sharpening goodies which led to woodworking handtools and straight razor shaving, which lead to more sharpening/stropping stuff. Which led to microscopes to examine edges, and it goes on and on. Lol.

EDIT that orange knife is a special one! a “sprint” knife, HAP40 tool steel (good competitor to M4) sandwiched in soft stainless steel. The blade shape was a design by a forum member in the Spyderco forums. This guy proposed this shape, and everyone was shitting on him. The owner of Spyderco popped into the thread asking for more details so he could make a prototype…

https://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70607&sid=2fd34846aa12df58728074a29284ee4f

He made a video when he got the proto (he’s a cook)

And it made it into production.

sharpmaker is good! If budget probably one of the EdgePro Apex clones. You can wrap the sharpmaker sticks in sandpaper to get things going faster.

2 Likes

do you have a budget sharpening system to recommend? Been using the spyderco sharpmaker but it is a little old now.

That’s rad! I love the collector’s edition types. What do you sharpen with? I like my dmt clamp on kit, $45 well spent

1 Like

Was gonna also suggest the DMT clamp kit. :slight_smile:

Wharnies are really easy to sharpen. :slight_smile: Usually it’s the EdgePro Apex if I want a crisp bevel, but for EDC ones either Japanese waterstones (I’m terrible at freehand but wharnies are easier), or this :slight_smile:

So fast and wicked with the leather wheel to finish. And cheap! Will make your knife ugly, like a good user.

2 Likes

IMG_20181207_200215

Some of my benchies, all special, especially the one on top. DLC M4, @PatRocks we’re cousins!

2 Likes

Stellar collection you have there Deucey, makes me want to add a few to my collection. Is that bottom one demascus? I almost went that direction before I settled on my m4 Osborne Edit: is your ozzy an assisted open?? Dope

Stonewash m390, with custom micarta scales. Got lucky on a used one. 10 out of 10 times M4 over Damascus :slight_smile:

Don’t need no assist on Axis Lock!

1 Like

Agreed, I didn’t even think they made autos. Had mine since 2011, couldn’t imagine going any other direction. I think I might have to bust out the stones tonight :laughing:

1 Like

(it’s just the tip of the iceberg…)

Knife party!!!

1 Like

How about fixed blades? I am sure you have some… show us your favorite ones.

I have like 2 fixed blades! Almost all EDC size folders.

1 Like