πŸ„ SurfRodz RKP 200mm - Press fit mounts - Round 3 - LRdesigns

This is round 3 of my sufrodz press fit mounts for RKP 200mm hangers.

• These come as a set of two, left and right.
  • Motor to motor distance is 168mm, (cross bar length). So 80mm long motors fit.
  • The mounts are set inwards of the end of the hanger 16mm which allows you to use the standard 70mm Surf Rodz axles. Though requires a pulley that has some internal clearance, like fatboy or @dickyho with a little grinding. Pulleys that are flat on the end can be used too but you will need longer axles and extra spacer.
  • Holes are made to fit @marcmt88 motor plates, and now plates by @Boardnamics and @moon .
  • Price is $54 usd which includes all costs, shipping, paypal fees, currency conversion and packing materials. (Motor plates is separate charge once price on those is finalized.)
  • My Paypal address is lukeritchiedesigns at gmail dot com
  • This time around I plan to order 25 sets pretty early in the game as I feel fairly confident I can sell them all. If one or two more people pay I will have enough money to give the deposit to the factory and start production. Should result in a much faster turn around.

More info and photos on the previous two group buy threads. Seems like everyone was very happy with the quality and design.

Its really cool that @Boardnamics and @moon are making motor plates to fit these mounts. Boardnamics is making 15 sets of aluminum mounts with idlers, and moon is making 5 sets of carbon motor plates. Though @SeanHacker has already snatched up 3 of the 5 sets. These will look something like the below pics. Prices on the plates is not finalized yet, will let you know about that later.

I am also working on some 3D printables that will allow other things to attach to mounts on the front, like rain guards or headlights.

This is what they look like fresh of the CNC.

DA60357B-883B-452F-9297-499B6C9EE6B3

18 Likes

I can always make some more

4 Likes

You should. Because I think we want 4 sets? Just let us know when you’re going to make then and we will verify.

4 Likes

Couple weeks time I guess. Factories busy, and I am focusing paying for gear drives atm

2 Likes

Sounds good dude.

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Awesome. Paid. Thank You!

Available in 2 sizes, ~6" and ~7". :point_down:

file3

file-12

file2-6

file2-1

file1%20-%20Copy%20(2)

5 Likes

Nice, what does that equal in Center To Center distance in mm?

• c-c for 6" is 85mm +/- 7mm,
  • 7" arm c-c is 112mm +/- 5mm.
1 Like

Deposit has been paid to the factory, they say around 15 days they will be finished.

The train has left the station! :tada: :tram:

4 Likes

@moon can you ship the plates straight to me in the uk in stead of to USA and back?

Yes that was never an option :joy:

No but I’m sure you would rather get the monny instead of import duty and taxes taking there cut of you hard work.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do you want a set of my carbon fiber mounts? 35$ a pair

how many sets?

0 voters

@SeanHacker @Darkie02 @Powadangaboards @Touch415

2 Likes

Nice. Two for me. Two for @DerelictRobot. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

send to one place?

1 Like

Yep. We live really close to each other.

2 Likes

2 sets for me :+1:t3:

I’m in for a set! If there’s still one available.