[Swiss/EU] Looking for some custom made Brackets

@Skunk’s plates are actually a hair thicker than the 0.25” shown on the design. I would recommend going as thick as possible when using a drop thru cutout

3 Likes

Very nice, thanks so much for providing the plans ! What’s for the second plate on the bottom ? Looks like some MTB style baseplate ?

@Miniproto is it enough for you to work with or do you want me to modelise it in 3d ?

Yes no problem but how much are the big radius on the sides? If its not too important i can make something. Also the Angle up and down…

Ho you can make them straight I don’t mind at all Only the plate on the top right

If someone made brackets like this but without the pattern on the sides I would probably also be interested in a set.

someone posted a link to get steel brackets for 3 dollars somewhere…mhhh…i have to search again… Edit: can’t find it again, i better had bookmarked me idiot! But if i find again ill post it here :wink:

Made a quick drawing… its 230,88 x 85,73 mm and about 6 mm thick (instead of 6,35 mm) i also dont know about the hole diameter. I can also make the plates red anodized or so… but it costs.

skatebracket

2 Likes

Do you have anything thicker ? Like 7mm or 8mm ? I’m afraid that 6mm could bend with time and vibrations

1 Like

Possible to Order…

1 Like

That would be great to have it made in 7mm, but I don’t want to push you into buying a big sheet of 7mm just for that But if you can that would be great !

1 Like

Also, the design seems unnecessarily wide. A caliber baseplate is a little over 55mm wide and 80mm long, 15mm of overhang on each side would look a bit wonky. I don’t think @Skunk’s plates would look weird because of the design on the sides but if you leave the sides straight I would reduce the overhang of the bracket to 5-10mm.

Yeah but given the leverage goingg on there, a little wide could be good I really don’t want to found myself to the hospital because I was going at 40 km/h when one of them snap

The bottom plate is a support for the opposite side of the deck to act as a clamp. It’s extra wide so you can mount it topside and still stand on it fairly comfortably

1 Like

The hole diameter is drawn at 5mm but depending on which deck/trucks you are using it needs to be larger to accomodate for variations

And holes diameter is not that important, if it’s a little tight, I have easy access to a column drill (is it the word ?)

Drill press :grin:

2 Likes

@Miniproto hey, do you have an idea of pricing for a set of bracket in 7mm thick please ?

Depends if i manufacture 1 or 5 pcs. But the price would be about 60 chf on a single plate with the Material i have to purchase. Also the thickness of 7 mm is not standard 8 mm is. At 3 pcs. Or more price would come down to 30-35 chf. If you want cheaper you can bring or send me the Aluminium Material and i can do it for less.

Well if @Hexagon is still interested we may have 4 plate How much pieces do you need to make the price go down a bit ? 120 chf is more expensive than I thought I must admit :sweat_smile: