Switchable Dual or Single drive boards

The power made by the motors while connected but not on could damage ur stuff … The only way really safe is to disconnect your phase wires

So you can’t turn off one motor unless you disconnect it

2 Likes

the way i run my wire channels allows to to drop a mount, motor, and belt in the field with a hex key and skate tool.

I have also just unplugged it and tucked the phase leads in so that they don’t drag or get caught in anything.

I have consistently seen better range on flats with a single motor when running at a reasonalbe fun speed (15-18mph), but i have not tested this yet while burying the trigger.

There was a post here somewhere about space cell range and i did a test on a single 6355 vs a dual 6355 and i was able to go further on the same charge level with just one motor. I think it was the thread about space cell range. Anyway i got more range on one motor than two. but hills were steeper, if you know what i mean.

What if you used the vesc to control 3 relays to physically disconnect the phase wires from one of the motors although there’s still the drag problem with the second belt.