Hello fellow skaters, speed freaks and forum lurkers. I’ve been poking around in the shadows of this forum for too long, learnt a lot from the wealth of information that is posted here (use the search feature kids its great!) and now thought it was time to say hi. So… Hi!
A little about myself:
I’ve been building and modifying electric and nitro RC cars, drones and helicopters since I worked out at about the age of 5 that if I remove all the shiny screws from stuff they fall apart and make more smaller stuff! - I also jumped on my first skateboard around that age and have been skating ever since - street and some hill sliding - love me some missing skin
With all that destructive practice of taring stuff apart, cramming bigger motors and batteries into things that weren’t designed to fit without a little “help” mixed with my later hobby of building 3D printers and my first leap into electric skateboards which was an Evolve ONE everything kinda fell into place (as a many of you crazy skilled people on here would also have found)
My first build was on my Evolve ONE as there were a lot of shortfalls on that generation of boards and more in particular that specific model. (not here to slam Evolve - i think their new generation of boards looks to be a pretty good spec’d consumer grade product)
Here are a few snaps: Basic stuff: Dual 5055 racestars Carbon steel motor mounts 4p10s LG HG2 pack 3D printed TPU enclosure riser Twin 4.2 VESC’s in a 3D printed mount heatsinked to the original enclosure heatsink. Standard nano remote to rid those pesky signal drop outs.
It’s been a great board - reliable and has happily given me roughly 15,000 km over the 2 and a bit years I’ve owned it and it still goes strong.
BUT… i got bored… I like building stuff… so…
The next build’s basic highlights: Dual 6374 motors from eskating.eu 200mm Surf Rodz with 80mm Axles Janux motor mounts from Marc Flipsky Dual 6.6 VESC unit Flipsky remote 10s5p Sony VTC6 compression pack 97mm refly wheels Metro boards wheel pulleys eskating.eu enclosure
Here are a few snaps of my progress so far. Deck has arrived and I’m really happy with my choice - the no flex will be a nice change (I think)
I’ve finished the main prints and assembly of the compression pack. Using tinned copper braid (my take on winfly’s idea) Hoping I can get the amps I want out of the pack. End caps are printed in solid PETG and the insulation pads are solid TPU
Apologizes for the long first post/ intro.
I will update when there is more to say. Look forward to getting to know everyone!