TB 12S4P Battery Question

So I bought the TB12S4P battery but it comes with velcro straps and I’m not really sure why… Do i use these to strap the battery to bottom of the deck or the strap the battery into the enclosure? I don’t think it really matters but I was just wondering what everyone else has been doing.

I have quite a lot of those straps because they are included in the Velcro pack, but have never used any. If there are Velcro strips included then use them to Velcro your battery to the deck. IMO the straps are too short to do anything with

1 Like

IDK I just didn’t use them. It should be a tight enough fit where you won’t need to use them either.

1 Like

Maybe its to help with the install??? :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

yar

3 Likes

I think the velco is supposed to be screwed onto the bottom of your deck then wrapped around the battery? This is so the weight of the battery is carried by the deck rather than the enclosure.

Maybe @torqueboards can confirm/clarify

3 Likes

My enclosure split at the bolt holes without the velcro. Maybe that is what it’s for actually now that I think about it…

Thats what I was thinking originally but wanted to make sure before I drilled even more holes in my deck.

I was planning on 3D printing some wide rectangular ~washers~ for the bolts as the ABS cracking was a concern of mine as well.

1 Like

People have recommended rubber or polyurethane washers/spacers before

From what I remember it went pretty well

That should ensure it stays together. I went the route of laying aluminum rods on the flanges to distribute the load and it’s been working great.

Velcro goes on the deck so the enclosure does not carry all the weight

1 Like