TB Motor can loose from shaft

Circlip isn’t gone, and even if it were, that wouldn’t impact the can moving relative to the shaft/axle anyway.

Taking the motor off the mount helped anyway – turns out the axle had rotated, so the swiveling was probably because of the axle not being round at that angle. I guess I must have tightened the grub screws with the axle in the wrong place somehow, or it moved when riding. Either way, I’ll replace the grub screws again and hope that the issue is gone :crossed_fingers:

Edit: Nevermind, after taking the motor apart, I now see that the flat spots on the axle don’t match up on one end and the other. Looks like I had secured the grub screws properly in place after all. :frowning:

Never had this issue myself with TB motors, but to your comment that buying a new motor would just be replacing the same thing, there has been some slight design changes in the TB motors, even in the last year. My older TB motors have had more issues than the current ones I’ve bought, I think he’s cleaned them up a bit from older versions.

Naw. Wrong tool for the job.

Yes.

1 Like

Have heard others say the same, thanks for your input. Destroyed the thread for one of the grub screws just now while drilling out a threaded screw, and have spent far too much time on this already for a motor that isn’t THAT expensive to replace… Will order a new one, if anyone wants this one for parts / to fix on their own, then feel free to PM me.

1 Like

Received the new motor. Tried to avoid the Parcelforce Clearance fee by doing what this guy did, but the guy at the depot was having none of it. It’s ridiculous that they can charge a hidden fee for no reason, and it still seems illegal to me. God I hate the UK.

Before purchasing I asked TB support if they had updated the 6355 motor’s design (since I had seen a picture somewhere on theses forums), but they replied no. I bought it anyway, and to my surprise, it is the updated model! On the left is the new version, on the right is the old. photo_2019-03-16_15-26-06 photo_2019-03-16_15-26-11

Less holes for pebbles to fly into, yes!

Still only has 2 grub screws unfortunately. My only question now is whether or not I should unscrew them and apply loctite, or if that’s no longer needed with these motors. (IIRC they should have green loctite applied already. Don’t see it spilling out anywhere though :smile: Can’t unscrew them super easily, so :crossed_fingers: )