TB Motor mount, tight fit?

Get everything working, @tomi-rc? Hit some really rough road today and no movement at all!

2 Likes

The mount is solid. I still have a problem with the motor that needs to be addressed. It makes some noises, don’t know if its bearing related or what. But i only rode it for about a mile, then had the motor problem. I don’t know what to do. Thanks.

What kind of sound? I get clicking sometimes that seems to come from the motor axle or drive pulley. Unknown what it is

This sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cSMuy-ZjW0 Any idea?? Thanks

Wow sounds like metal rubbing? Is the motor on or off? Is your belt super tight?

It’s off. I don’t know if the belt is too tight. But it’s definitely not loose.

Should be firm but flexible. When I poke one side it reaches the screw on the tb mount. Is your motor pulley touching the mount maybe?

I don’t think it touches. But it sounds like it could be a possibility. Could it be something that got inside the motor?

Take the motor off and see how it sounds and you can isolate it more.

1 Like

Then add the variables back in and test once each part is installed

1 Like

Sounds like the circlip rubbing against the shaft of the motor. Try a drop of oil, if that clears the sound you know what it is.

2 Likes

Nice one! I’ll try that! Thanks!

1 Like

You saved me man! Today i dropped a little bit of oil and the noise dissapeared. I’m so glad it was that. Thanks!!!

I’m glad i could be of service!

Yeah, oil definitely helps. I like it how everything rolls much better… Makes a difference if your riding 30-100 miles week. Usually every other week I re-grease/clean bearings from all the dirt and grime.

2 Likes