TB motor mounts pulley covers (3D print?)

You’re always a special one man…

How much clearance do you need from motor mount face to end of motor shaft/pulley?

You’ll see more of this if people start using Metroboard press in pulleys… On torqueboard trucks… with Torqueboard 6374s that have 40mm shafts…

@Apolo

Regardless if someone uses TB mounts and TB6374 on TB trucks. There will need to be a hole or clearance for the 40mm motor shaft (10mm is 10mm, 30mm is 8mm totalling 40mm from seat to shaft tip, motor mount is 8mm thick so 32 mm of shaft exposed)

1 Like

Can you get me a wheel face side view?

With standard 265mm belts that the mounts are normally sold with on 15t motor pulley

1 Like

Alright, I’ll get to work on it tomorrow when I have time. I have the same mount and belt size so it should be easy

1 Like

Oh wait, what’s the diameter of that motor pulley? Need to make sure there’s enough clearance with the draft angle

1 Like

25mm diameter

1 Like

How do you manage to make these stay? I cannot get my mounts to stay tight it seems, no matter how much torque applied.

First key is use a socket. Not an Allen ot twist handle

I push the mount flush against the truck in this direction to give no room to move as it’s already as far back as it can go if I run into something

I tighten it into place. Then back one out at a time and apply loctite and torque it to final position.

They won’t move if you use a socket. Handled hex drives, Allen’s, and screw drivers with hex inserts just won’t give enough leverage to create the torque for the set screw teeth to bite.

2 Likes

lol ur right xD I have a whole TB setup for dual drive and F*** alen keys haha, they wont fit… and i am also running the 100mm MBS wheels so i am curious to see where this goes

@ShutterShock I drilled a very shallow little hole just a hair under the diameter of the insert screw. When I torque the screw in, it’ll drive it’s chamfered end into the drilled hole and that shit will never move. Of course, loctite 243

1 Like

I did that the first few times… Until I figured out a socket is good enough

1 Like

I like this way because If for any reason I need to remove the mount, I can put it right back exactly where it was

1 Like

Huh awesome I will have to try that. Time to get a 4mm hex socket lol

Hey therr. Lol did you ever get a chance to work on this? :wink: If not just tell me to buzz off.

lmao sorry my bad, had it on hold for a while and forgot about it. I actually almost finished it a few weeks ago but I just never got a chance to finish it up and export it. Here ya go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qxxIaL4OOtAJLD6FlrMiwyoIBOfkMby8/view?usp=sharing

Not 100% sure if it’s gonna clear the belts though. Needs some further testing. Lmk if you need me to print it for you (it’s not free bruh).

2 Likes

@Deckoz There’s also some on Thingiverse - https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=torqueboards&sa=&dwh=115ac997c327fea

I don’t think any of those fit 107’s with a 20mm wide pulley. @Deckoz is one of a kind

2 Likes

Hey thanks man. I should be good on the printing! I’ll let you know how it goes!

Thanks man but. With 20mm metroboard pulleys…and 107s most of those aren’t compatible.

1 Like