The Battering Ram | ThreeSix Downhill Topmount | Dual 6355 190kv | 10s4p Samsung 30Q | Caliber II

Check out this thread, its an incredible build…

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/inmotion-threesix-top-mount-tkp-hex-psycotiller-dual-mounts-spectra-aluminum-bombers-s-p-a-c-e-cell-vedders-vescs/1479

I actually saw this when planning the build a few months ago, and it’s so insane. I hope mine ends up like that lol

Sorry I didn’t realize ur deck was aluminum. And @mmaner I am using to set screws along with a lot of jb weld and it hasn’t moved anywhere.

1 Like

What I’m trying to tell you is that if you are using JB weld as a permanent solution then there is an issue with your trucks or the mount and you should resolve it.

Oh yeh I know, I have Paris trucks so I had my uncle Cnc a circular one for me

@mmaner Just did some more reading. I think I’m going to try your own advice on this issue lol:

That being said, I still think the issue is with soft trucks.

1 Like

It could be soft material in the hanger. I’ve never been a fan of the 1 piece clamp design. I prefer the 2 piece where you bolt down both ends. Its makes for a bigger mount, more volume, but its solid as a rock and never moves.

SOmething else you can try, @Namasaki turned me on to this. Get some 5/8’s heat shrink and put it on the hanger where the mount is going to go, heat it up and let it set. Pry open the clamp so it will slide onto the heat shrink and then screw it together using a pry bard. If you get it straight and really tight it will never move.

3 Likes

I actually used a C-clamp to tighten the motor mount clamp down and then tighten the Allen bolt. Than way you can get it really tight without stripping the Allen bolt.

1 Like

@Namasaki I wish I could do that, but the Torqueboards mount is a solid piece with a D-shaped hole. Do you still stand by the heat shrink thing?

There nothing but set screws?

Unfortunately yeah

1 Like

Wow, haven’t seen those. Is it not a tight enough for to hold it place?

Wait, really? I thought they were relatively common.

It stays on until the metal under the set screws deforms, which I first discovered when my motor started scraping the kingpin nut.

1 Like

I also used jb weld after having trouble with that mount, I think it’s the soft trucks. It’s not moving now. If you’re going dual motors, make sure you have the right spacing before epoxy.

2 Likes

yea they’re fairly common. sorry, @mmaner lives under a rock.

I swear i heard someone talking about tightening those set screws in a specific order… @Namasaki? :thinking:

and yea, can also recommend jb weld, have it on 2 mounts on Paris trucks and neither has ever moved.

1 Like

My rock is comfortable damn it :grinning:

2 Likes

ey I can’t blame ya, rocks are pretty nice if setup right.

1 Like

Mine has a big screen and a shiatsu chair. @longhairedboy’s mom come by once a week with yoo-hoo and pop-tarts :grinning:

4 Likes

Ok, I thought you had the old style. I am also using the new solid ring on my TB 218 trucks and they are holding very well. The trick with those is to back out the bottom and forward set screws and then tighten the top and back set screws to force the ring tight against the bottom and front sides of the hanger. Then tighten the front set screw and then tighten the top set screw. Also my clamps did not slide over the hanger until I filed the ridge down that ran along the center of the bottom of the hanger, making the bottom of the hanger flat.

2 Likes

Oh, I think that makes sense. Does it basically distribute more force along the walls of the clamp?

I’ll give it a try on my current clamp (which sadly lost a screw or two) and see how that turns out.