The best reliable hub motors for the price

Hi all, I am curious to find out the best hub motors I can get? @rey8801 pointed me to Mad hubs. Which might be a good option if you live in china and are buying in 100+ bulk orders. I want to get some seriously powerful motors that someone in the US could buy non bulk order. I want this discussion to be purely on the hub motors. I have also seen discussion on maybe Jacobs or debtors hub motors.

Curtis

1 Like

You do know @rey8801 makes these and they are around 200-300$ I think They are some great ones which he made on group buy a bit ago This was @rey8801 sale thread 2nd Round MAD hubs Group Buy + MAD Fury Direct Drive Conversion Kit [EU/US]_Completed - Group Buys - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board

Also @hummie has his Kickstarter up for his hubs which are the best on the market Also @lox897 is selling a pair of old hummie hubs that are really good value for money

If you are on a really tight budget then you can always go meepo hubs which work but really aren’t the best

2 Likes

Of course, hand crafted by Belgian waffle makers :rofl:

3 Likes

Well they are the best kind of waffles

As I suggested already for the price point you were targeting the one Jeff is providing on the other forum seems a good option.

1 Like

Jacobs are no more

If u want lots of power that’s possible with a hub motor for a short period of time. U send amps and get torque, but if u expect it to stay reasonably cool it need be bigger

1 Like

@Jeff do you got some hubs?

Wrong Jeff!

Here is whole thread:

https://forum./t/neohub-group-buy-same-as-loaded-motor-but-sensored/12837

You will have to wait for them until at least february. But they seems promising, probably best what you can get for that money. + they work with any trucks

3 Likes

@Jeff where are you based in china? Shenzein? I am moving to china in a few months. I was wondering if their would be a price drop if we can literally come to your factory?

1 Like

the guy just told you this is the wrong jeff and gave you instructions on how to contact him, probably read before you type

1 Like

Which is the right Jeff?

Curtis

1 Like

You have to click this link fast!

https://forum./t/neohub-group-buy-same-as-loaded-motor-but-sensored/12837

Jeffwuneo is his name

1 Like

@jeffwuneo I am moving to china in a few months would there be a discount to people who can actually come to your factory?

Curtis

1 Like

Is it so hard to click link and read something? If you did just that, you could see that he is not even on this forum, that he is not making any profit and that even first batch is not ready at the moment? Don’t you think you have to invest some time in something if you wish people help you?

3 Likes

Do you like paying extra for things because I sure don’t. What He’s offering ain’t exactly cheap that’s $120 per 2 sets of motors. Now if I want 4 motors well that’s double $240. I need 2 bms systems 2 vesc’s and a electronic remote. and a bunch of mounting hardware. I don’t want to be paying retail especially because I will live in china. Very likely close to the city where he is located. If you add up all of the electronic components it comes close to $1000. In which case I am probably better off just buying the best fastest skateboard on the market.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELECTRIC-SKATEBOARD-DIRECT-DRIVE-MOTOR-WITH-RUBBER-TIRE-WHEELS-3000W-58KV/312940380603?hash=item48dcb341bb:m:m_Mh31FodHoXdssJuTNMVHQ do Are there any motors simaler to this?

Those are called “Direct drive,”, and are generally regarded as being better than hubs in several ways (thermal performance, ride smoothness, you can use your own wheels,) and Torqueboards and eElofy both make them, among others.

Lol how are you the only one to respond to this topic in over 4 years?

What do you mean by Elofy?