The Biohazard: Jet Spud 29" 10S3P 107 Flywheels dual 6355

:eyes::eyes: are you doing a double stack back there if so what battery size

Looks good! Nicely done,Just a suggestion…look up glow in the dark pigment powder,would look sick at night with luminous green under the hexagon grip tape!! Or something like this for the next build…

4 Likes

Yes. It’s going to be 10s8p ready

This is INSANE! Damn should’ve laid out my batteries like that too.

1 Like

Yeh I though the same :persevere:

1 Like

Sorry guys I made a mistake it’s goint to be 10s7p ready not 10s8p

1 Like

really really nice as usual…are you going to repaint the deck when you switch to the boa wheels?

I’m loving the 107mm wheels, so I’m might keep it like that for now.

They boa wheels are supposed to be the same color as the flywheels, is they are took different I’ll just keep the color as it it now

7p on the spud? HOW! :crazy_face:

1 Like

do you have a write up or “How-to” with the way you made that battery pack? Materials, process, etc.

1 Like

That would be nice

I think this is one part of his battery build

Wow, super built on such a small deck, perfectly done. This could be a reference for my future spud upgrade :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Definitely following this build. Looks like what I’m tying to do for my first build. What are your performance expectations (speed/range)?

1 Like

After riding this board for 2 days here are my impressions:

1. The board is very stable at medium to low speeds, less wobbles than my Pho3nix, easier to ride

2. The trucks feel more tighten than my old calibers, could be because I’m runing Venom SHR Double Barrel Bushings (91a), but the turning ratio is great because the wheel base is so small, so it’s a good combination

3. There is no wheel bite even if I put all my weight with both feet over one wheel. If I jumo on the flare the wheelwell would touch the wheel, however this won’t happen on a real world.

4. The ride is very carvy, I can carve pretty much a lot. I can make sharper turns than on my Vanguard

5. The deck is pretty stiff but feels solid the concave is pronounced so it gives you a nice leverage for precise steering

6. The 107mm flwheels absorb all the road imprefections but I’d say they damp vibrations only 10% more than my 97mm flwheels

7. The 16/40T pulley ratio is good on 10S3P but maybe a 15/40T would be more suitable in order to get more torque. Speed is more than enough, I still don’t push it to the limit even though it feels pretty stable

8. The Vicious grip tape is amazing, I won’t use anything else ever

9. I love the 10s3p because of it’s weight and because it charges faster, for short commutes it’s better than 10s4p or 12s4p. It’s doesn’t jump forward from a dead stop like a 12s4p, it take a lottle longer but once you gain speed and push it it’s powerful enough to ride very fast.

10. I can carry the deck everywhere, just grab them by the trucks and go inside a cab, walk up stairs, carry it to a restaurant and just leave it under the table.

16 Likes

I love that if one wants to see how to build their specific type of build, they need only look at the builds of @Eboosted. Alan your style and aesthetics are amongst the greatest. Let alone the obvious quality. Your battery has inspired me to change the way I’m going to build my mini 10s2p battery. All the extra room! So good bud. Great build.

2 Likes

Hello guys for those that are still thinking about 107mm vs wheelbite, I made a video for you:

Is it possible to fit 107mm flywheels without wheelbite?

Yes, it’s is possible. I’ve been riding this board for 4 days already and love it, the 107mm make the board look like a small tank.

Is there any wheelbite?

No under regular circumstances, but if you push all you weight with both feet into one corer of the deck you will get wheelbite but this is not a real life scenario, if you are going to push it like this then there would be no decks in the market that won’t get wheelbite, most longboards will have to be redisigned, even the Raptor 2 has wheelbite if I forced this way.

4 Likes

Is this going to fit in the same enclosure? *edit with the 10s7p that is

after seeing this, I want a Jet Spud

I dismissed it due to no tail before, but I really like that!

1 Like

Actually if you use the shorter wheelbase it does have a little stubby fat tail of sorts.

I use it to lift the nose up for a mall grab… No Ollie’s though

No, there are two version of this enclosure:

The SS Single Stacked

and DS double stacked

10S7P has not neen tested but should be possible, 10S6P is 100% possible, if you get creative you ,ight even be able to fit a 10S8P without BMS and reaaaaaly tight space.

5 Likes