I’ve been lurking in the forums for a while, reading and gaining knowledge into this whole esk8 thing. Having owned an evolve carbon GT I got a bit fed up with some of its short comings, so I started work on my own build with the assistance of some mates.
I wanted a board that I could get around with and climb any hills with my big ass on it, so I really wanted 4WD. This thing is gonna be all blacked out, wheels, trucks, deck, everything.
A rundown of the specs:
- 5 Layer Maple Deck Sandwiched with 4 layers of carbon.
- 4WD Hub Motors - 90kv, sensored and 90mm wheels (custom made)
- 10S4P LG-HG2 Pack with custom BMS
- G2TB Remote (The mini one)
- Caliber II Trucks.
- SLA 3D Printed housing, with seal for water resistance.
I think that’s about it that’s going into it. Work has commenced. Here’s a pic of the hubs my friend made for me, he’s a rocket scientist or something, not really sure what he does, haha. They fit onto standard trucks, so you don’t need to modify anything which is super handy to speed up my build.
I’ll document as I go through this process. Wish me luck!