The Budget Build | Diyeboard Deck | Diyeboard Trucks | 5065 motors | 10S5P | ESC soon to be VESC

I got a riptide r1. But they use the same trucks. They covered the new truck it just took them 5 weeks.

Hmm…when did you get your R1?

Late March early April

what VESCs did you get? were you able to reuse the remote or did you need to get a new controller as well? Same amount of power?

I bought mine early May. Got it delivered on the 25th. So far the only problem being the motor mount keep getting loose, no matter how hard I try to tighten the screws.

Have you tried to loctite the screws? Worked for me.

Bought two Flipsky VESC 4.12 on eBay. Do you want them? I’m moving to their dual version of 4.12.

I had to get a new remote and receiver because the old one can only pair with DIYeboard esc. Something like this should work, just pick the cheapest listing if you want to save some bucks. Remember to get both the remote AND the receiver together. I ended up getting 2 receivers, one for each VESC and set them up as 2 separate VESCs. Both the receivers pair with a single remote just fine. This is for redundancy, if one fails, you still have the other, unlike CAN bus if the master fails you’re screwed.

Not yet. Thanks for the advice. Will try and report it back here.

You must always use Loctite or they will keep coming loose. I suggest to use it on every screw without a nylon locknut

1 Like

how much for both the vescs shipped?