The carbon revamp | 245kv 6365 single | 80a esc | 6s4p 12ah

Any way will work fine. Your second picture would be better though as then the two terminals would be on the same side

So is two strips enough as have ran out of plating or should I order more and do more?

2 Likes

I’d put some Copper braid or something else on the outside connections to reinforce them. Some people do it, some people don’t, might be better though for higher amps.

EDIT: Yeah I would do 4 strips for the inner connections

Yea think I might see if can get some more but don’t see the need for the copper as people like @barajabali doesn’t use it in his. But then also I think two could be enough to join two as only one joining the our side is enough.

out side is like this at the moment as my switch died for the spot welder so finish this side of tomorrow.

1 Like

Hopefully @barajabali can comment - but once you get your spot welder going again - maybe add a few more welds to a few of those?

As i understand it (not a professional) surface area of the weld is important for current capacity? Someone clarify if i’m waay off base. Understand that your welder died, but perhaps add a few when you get it going again.

Moving quickly! Are those HG2’s? I got some from a reputable place nearby for my pack, but they were $$$! Not trusting everything to balance on it’s own i’ve charged them once now to make sure they are all at the same voltage - next it spot welding!

Yea hope he can comment. Yea getting a new switch tomorrow to finish of the out side and make sure there’s enough contact. Yea they are hg2 from gearbest but until i discharge and rechrage to confirm the capacity everything els matches up to genuine ones and at $112 for 24 made them cheapest delivered to the uk for me.

1 Like

@2-alex-2 @sl33py

I always double up with nickel strip at the very minimum. Sometimes there will be 3 or 4 layers of nickel strip ( not layers stacked on top of eachother but layers next to eachother) I weld each nickel strip individually 4 - 5 times ( so that 8-10 connections) and then i weld the other layers on top 2-3 times.

Ok what about the out side how do you double that up as not much room left other than stacking them up.

you can stack up on those. put 2 layers on top of eachother.

When i said that i put 3-4 layers that is mostly on my mountain board batteries which are not flat, theyre brick style

Ok thanks will get some more nickel and double that side up and carry on with 4 on the other side.

What size shrink wrap do you use for this side by side packs.

170mm flat

1 Like

Ok so my battery is built and ready for my BMW to arrive. And I was wondering how I could wire a second led to indicate low voltage.

This is the bms (yes I’m aware it’s 5a but won’t be using bms for discharge)

I also have one of these after my vadder soft switch.

I also have the esc voltage cut of in place but my though with this is it won’t tell me if one cell drops lower than the others. I know a lot of people say li ion is much better balanced but what I was wondering is if I was to install a led between bms and my soft switch. So what would happen is if the bms picked up a low cell the led would go of but board still operates 100% as the bms is only 5a

So have some updates on the deck.

Also bagged myself some caliber truck for £20

1 Like

Good price for the UK :smiley:

Yea they arnt to badly beaten up either. Probably flip them so it hides more of the curbing marks as I won’t be dropping off curb on it.

Where did you get them from?

A facebook page selling longboard parts.

So my bms arrived but unsure on one wiring side. So obviously b- b+ is battery +/- then there is p+ p- which I’m guessing is my charging but then down in the left is d- what would this be. Any help please.

1 Like