The case to be made for 15-17 mph cruising

I dont use my board as some perhaps, for instance I dont do it for companionship, I dont do it for thrills. I dont do it rain or shine. But I use my board for transpo. At 15mph, that is five to six times the speed of walking. Indeed, I have to slow myself to be safe often. I use the sidewalk extensively. At fifteen, it is slow enough to maneuver out of most dangers, and if you actually do crash, it is just scuffed fabric.

When I get over twenty, it is just one mistake or missed thingie away from tragedy. In addition, I negate much of the wind resistance. I negate much of the heat problems. I negate much of the battery problems.

It allows me a wide range of battery configs that would work.

Everything bad happens after 20, and that includes physically.

I was thinking about this as I went up and down various stuff, and would shift my weight as an EMERGENCY, and have plenty of time to shift weight and not upset stance. Had I been at say thirty, I dont have much time.

I can keep my bushings cruising tight for agility.

It takes a whole nuther world of concerns, to build a 35+mph board, and that adds up.

I am making the case, that it only has to shuttle you at 30 max, to be considered as fast as is safe. That is just an opinion, but it also makes us as a group less dangerous.

Not trying to stop anyone building a fast board, just asking if you REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY need faster than 30 often.

2 Likes

To be honest, i used to ride my esk8 when the speed max was around 25mph. I have gotten so used to that speed that i brought a larger hub motor for my build. That build makes me go 35 mph. I got used to that. And now I have a board that goes 45 mph.

Do I go 45 mph? When Iā€™m trying to get to my job asap yup. Is it really necessary to have something to go that fast? Nope. And this is probably where riders will pick and choose. I believe going 15 or 20 mph is a safe bet, but nothing beats the thrill of going overboard.

As long as you are prepared for many things that may come your way, you should build your board however you like it. I like to go fast. To each their own.

how do i disconnect or connect port 1 on a 24v or 36v skateboard esc? im getting one that supports both voltge but how do i disconnect iether port?