The Cat | Gullwing Sidewinder 2 Trucks | Dual Enertion R-spec 6355 190KV | Alien Drive Mounts | 8s2p 18650-25R | VESC | Psychotiller Wheels

I bought gullwing sidewinders from amazon then bought the GT hangers front and rear from evolve. Chaka’s motors fit perfectly. different hole pattern for the sk3’s r-specs etc. For my tesseract I used the street kit from my gen 2 evolve carbon and made a motor bracket to suit the SK3 hole pattern. again just bought gullwing sidewinders and used the evolve hangers. Cheapest way. Had to play around with bushings to get a good feel, the stock gullwing bushings are rubbish, Used 90 boardside 87 roadside.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I was going to buy the gullwings and add the hangar of the enertion truck. Would this work or should I save money and find a link to the evolve hangers for the US (or will the UK cite ship to US?) Please help I am building my first board for a school project =)

I had trouble finding what I wanted as well. Annoyingly, all their websites for different countries are different, and I can’t seem to see an option to purchase just the hangar from the US site.

You’ve got this (below), and a separate link for the back truck assembly, but they both cost about $80, and the gullwing sidewinder 2’s can be bought as a pair for about $38 from Ebay… https://evolveskateboardsusa.com/collections/gt-carbon-parts/products/gt-truck-assembly

1 Like

Managed to take the board out but found an issue.

The 3d printed ring on the Gullwing hangar was the culprit again. The epoxy I used to fill in the motor mount bolt hole and then drill into worked great, however the entire ring isn’t gripping the hangar anymore, it’s wiggling a smidge so it’ll only get worse… I know what I did wrong wrong, I should’ve roughened up the hangar surface to get a good bond, and I also could’ve used a little more resin, however it was my 1st try and didn’t realise that I needed to come back after 10 mins to apply a little more (it drips into the hole slowly) which is why one side is good and the other has broken free. All part of the learning process though. Just need to saw & file the ring off and re-do it, luckily I already have a spare ring already printed to use

Got the evolve trucks, they look great. My aluminium tube is too thick at 3mm so ordered a 2mm one, luckily just a £5 mistake. My plan is to fix my standard Gullwing hangar and use it for a few weeks, then I’ll start working on the Evolve hangar replacement. I really want to see my original idea work.

I’ll also get to work attaching a bluetooth module to use with the @Ackmaniac firmware so I can start getting ready for some proper road testing

Also considering 6 of these: -

£40 each 10s3p LiPo, 555Wh

Should give me 15 miles range if I’m achieving a mile for every 23Wh, and I’m currently getting about 22Wh per mile on a 12s1p graphene LiPo (222Wh - 10K range).

Did you ever got time to print the hubs?

1 Like